Chapter Twenty-Two

"Hmph!" Jaehee attempted to speak through the gag, but it was only worsening the situation and was making her even more tired. 

I narrowed my eyes and slowly knelt. From behind me, I hear the doors burst open again, signalling Jungkook and the others' entrance. 

"Kneel." Yuhan said again, directing the gun at them, then at Jaehee again when they followed his orders. The restaurant was still neat, but the windows were closed.. and nobody else but us seemed to be there. 

"We can do this the easier way." Namjoon persuaded, his hands raised above his head. "We don't have to involve any physical assault or murder. Just.. what do you want?" 

His laugh boomed through the whole place. And all I wanted was to cover my ears, you know, without him pointing a gun at me for moving the slightest. From beside me, Hobi had his head lowered. 

Everyone was scared. I knew that..it was normal.. but where were we going to go when we don't build up our courage? If only I could seek vengeance for.. 

"You wouldn't give me what I want unless I do something that'll make you obey me." he said, then pointed the gun at me. 

Everybody's gazes directed at me. Namjoon pursed his lips and slightly turned his head, obviously thinking for another reply to distract him. Jungkook gritted his teeth, while Hobi was trying to stop himself from crying. 

I wasn't afraid of him.. the only thing keeping me from attacking is that he had Jaehee under hostage. 

"Why would you do this?" Namjoon was doing all the talking. He wanted explanations, probably to have enough evidence later on. But.. all we had to do was give ourselves some time.. sooner or later, we had to move and do something. 

My eyes trailed behind him. Something we could use.. My gaze stopped when I see a certain colour poke up from behind the counter, and maybe I was crazy, but it built up my confidence. 

I was willing to do anything to get him to suffer. 

"Why?" he scoffed, tightening his lock around Jaehee, who tried to move his arm away as she was probably chocking. 

"Stop it!" I growled. "You're chocking her, bastard." 

His gaze directed at me, and he flashed me a glare. "You want to know why I would do this? Because when I want something, I always need to do it the hard way." 

Namjoon clenched his fists, obviously irritated. "Fucker." he muttered under his breath. 

"You see, I tend to be pretty lonely." he shrugged, proceeding to walk back and forth, Jaehee still in his headlock. "I'm a nice man, but nobody always seems to be interested." 

He pursed his lips and pointed the gun at me. "I want Suyung." 

"Maniac." I heard Jungkook mutter beside me. 

"You want to know why nobody's interested?" I said, lowering my hands. "Because you're a fucking pedophile that's desperate for a lovelife! It wasn't appropriate to bring up other people's lives into this!" 

"Well, people in your life have no choice but to get involved." he reasoned, twirling the gun in his hands as if it were some toy. 

"And you think you'll get me when you took everything from the one person that worked for you? Do I have to say my thanks that you ruined his life?" I spat. 

His eyes widened at my words, and his lips curled into a smile. "Oh. Yeah, I've seen you interactions with Baekhyun. You two were really sweet, weren't you? He was depressed, Suyung. You couldn't hear hearts that are already broken."