Chapter Forty-One

"Yuna.. are you awake?" I hear a soft voice.

My eyes fluttered open, revealing Jimin waving at me with a smile. I ran my fingers through my hair, sitting up and finding myself face to face with everyone, including my mother.

Jungkook was talking to my mom, who didn't seem too happy. I was about to speak, when Jaehee made her way over to me and handed me some clothes. 

"Not now, Suyung.. your mom's really mad.. you should change first." she gently grabbed my arm and lead me to the bathroom. I thanked her silently and quickly change into the clothes she gave me. 

Luckily, the clothes weren't chosen by her. 

I took a deep breath and exited the bathroom. 

"Everyone." Mom said, her voice stern. "Can I please talk to Jungkook and Suyung alone? Please. It will only take a while." 

I pursed my lips as my friends gave me reassuring smiles, passing by and exiting the room. I sighed and approached my mom. "Mom, what do you-" 

My cheek stung, and I felt my head turn to the side when her palm connected with the side of my face. 

Did she really.. 

"Eomanim," Jungkook spoke up, making his way over to me. "They had every reason to. The weather was bad, and she didn't have her phone at that time." 

I place a hand where she slapped me, looking up in shock. 

"Is that the case?" she eyed me. "Suyung, have I raised you to sleep with every boy you hang out with? Do you think I'm happy with this? Haven't you tried to find a way? You probably had a lot of options." she shook her head. 

I was never close with my parents. 

"You never even raised me in the first place." I gritted my teeth, and Jungkook glanced at me with wide eyes. Was she going to test my open-mindedness? 

"Me and your father have accepted the fact that you're going to stop having a part-time job." she started, frustratingly running her fingers through her hair. "Suyung, our business is so close to being bankrupt." 

"I try my best to help." my voice lowered. "Look, you should've just told me to continue working, instead of saying it so indirectly. I'll do it. Okay?" 

"And that's not it." she raised her voice and turned to Jungkook. "I thought I heard you loud and clear, Jungkook. You had one job." 

I stepped forward. "Don't drag him into this." 

"We're on the verge of losing everything we have." she started. "I need to pay our rent. I need to pay for your father's medicine. Your tuiton. And guess what? We need to raise Mina's daughter, too." 

My eyes widened. "Mina's pregnant?" 

Mom looked up at me, her eyes shedding tears of frustration. "Was. She's been hiding it. I told her to go back to Seoul because I wouldn't be able to afford her school in the meantime. A 4-year old." 

I pursed my lips and nodded, feeling an unpleasant feeling rumble in my heart. 

"So.. she'll be home by?" I paused. 

"She's home now." she shrugged. "I'm going to stay here for a short while. Go and take a train." 

I didn't even complain or hesitate. Immediately, I turned on my heel and exited the room, Jungkook following behind me. 

"And I'm the one that brings shame to this family." I muttered, as I fastened my pace to meet with the others in the lobby. I felt Jungkook grab my wrist.