Chapter Fifty-Two

I never dealt with a shot person before.

Let alone my best friend.

"Suyung, you know what to do?" his mom questioned me. I nodded and quickly made my way beside him as the car started. I tried not to let the tears fall down as I did what I could at that time.

"I need to apply pressure to his wound." I said, shifting in my seat so my hands wouldn't hurt if i had it on his stomach for too long. "Take a deep breath, Jungkook."

He did as told and I pressed against the wound with the right amount of pressure. He let out a cry of pain, and his mother just held his hand, tears flowing down her face.

I tried not to look at his face, as I didn't want pity to overcome me saving him. "What happened? Who did this to him?"

"It all happened way too fast." Junghyun, his brother, tilted his head. "We just got out of the car, and it was as if someone was waiting for us.. it didn't seem like he cared who to shoot, either. As soon as Jungkook stepped out of the car, he was shot."

I nodded and bit my lip.

"Eomanim," I started, motioning to come over. I instruct her to press against Jungkook's stomach, while I tugged on my sleeve until it came off. "Thank you."

I then placed the cloth on his abdomen, which was easier than using my hands. His eyes were already fluttering, and I tried to control my movements.

"We're here!" his dad hurried, before exiting the car and opening the door to where we were. He then carried Jungkook in his arms and ran inside the hospital. I managed to keep up, still pressing against his wound.

"Gunshot wound." Junghyun told the nurses. Without any hesitations, they came back with a wheeled stretcher and placed him inside. I was insisted to take my hands off of him, which I did. My shirt was stained with blood, and my hands were red.

We were told to stay outside of the ER, where some seats stood. My heartbeat continued to beat faster and faster as we sat down.

A nurse came over and handed me a wet towel, where I wiped my hands clean. I then turned to the family sitting beside me. "It'll be fine, I promise."

They gave me reassuring and thankful glances, but didn't tone down their worries. I would act the same. In my pocket, my phone buzzed. I learned to always bring my phone with me. And you know I learned it the hard way.

Namjoon was calling. I answered it.

"Suyung, there was a shooting incident near your house. Are you okay?" he seemed to be panicking. But I didn't blame him. Things like this never really happened around.

"It's Jungkook." I felt myself choking back my tears. "Namjoon.. Jungkook is in the ER right now."

He cursed under his breath, "Is he okay?"

"I managed to press pressure into his abdomen, he shouldn't have lost enough blood for him to pass out." I reassured. "But you could never be sure with a bullet wound.." I furiously wiped my tears.

"He'll be fine. You did what you could." he said. "I'm gonna come over. Jaehee should know about it by now, I'll tell her and bring her along. Goodbye." and then he dropped the call.

"Some friends are going to come over." I told them.

"Suyung.. do you think he'll be okay?" Aunt asked me. I pursed my lips and nodded. If there was one thing I knew about Jungkook: he wouldn't back down. He was going to fight this.. I'm sure of it.

But my mind couldn't help but wander to who did it.

Who would do such a thing?

"Eomanim, he'll be okay." I sighed, placing a hand on her shoulder. "He wouldn't want us to act like he can't survive through this. He's strong." I forced a smile.