Chapter Thirty-Seven

This was it. 

The musical! 

Mom and Dad promised to come, along with Jungkook's parents. They didn't know what role we would be playing, so I guess the whole musical would be a surprise for everyone! Jaehee was already doing my makeup, and everyone was getting ready. 

"Aish, Suyung, don't move so much." Jaehee chided, as she started putting on my eye makeup. It wasn't my fault it hurt when she pressed the pencil under my eyes! 

Yoongi laughed softly. "She's not used to it." 

I pouted. "Well, thank you for pointing that out." 

"There we go!" she said, taking her distance. I finally managed to see what she was wearing. A white, simple dress. Her hair was loose like mine, and she had way more simple make up compared to mine. 

"Yuuuuunaaa!" Jimin sang. I then felt someone tackle me in a hug. 

"Oi, Jimin! Don't do that!" she scolded. "Her hair might be ruined!" 

"Gah, I'm sorry." he said cheekily, before grinning at me. "Yuna.. you're so adorable and pretty! You make my heart so light and happy." 

I was just happy that the wound on his lip were gone just before the musical. I smiled as he pinched my cheeks and waved me goodbye. 

"Oh, look," I started, pointing at Seokjin. "It's my father, Jean Valjean." 

Seokjin laughed as he made his way over to me. "Hello, my daughter." he said in english. I giggled. 

Jaehee peeked at crowd from where she was, and she seemed to be really panicky. "Oh god.. the gym's full. I'm so nervous.. everyone, don't make any mistakes, please.." 

"Don't worry too much." I reassured. "We practiced hard for this. We'll slay!" 

Jungkook nodded. "At least Yuna's right about something. You're going to do fine. And everyone is, too. I'm going to be the star of this musical!" 

"No.." Hobi spoke up, showing himself in his rather funky and colourful clothes, Lisa wearing the same designed dress beside him. "We're the ones that's gonna shine!" 

"Uh, no." Taehyung stuck out a tongue and threw an arm around my shoulders. "Cosette and Marius' love story will be the center of everyone's attention. Obviously." 

"Alright, alright." Namjoon chuckled. "The props are ready now.. everyone go to your positions!" Namjoon announced, but not loud enough for the audience to hear. After minutes, the musical was starting. 

I was smiling wide the whole time. Especially when it wasn't my parts, as I wasn't really allowed to smile much when it was my scene. Yoongi was already in the settings room, narrating the whole story as it went on. 

Everyone was doing well. They sang their hearts out, and every now and then, the crowd would cheer loudly, inspiring everyone to do a better job. After about 45 minutes, it was already me and Taehyung's last scene. 

We portrayed two happy newlyweds. We didn't really have lines the whole scene, as Yoongi was the one narrating everything. 

"A happy newlywed." his voice boomed through the whole gym. 

Taehyung placed a hand behind my neck, while I place mine on his cheek. My parents were probably freaking out now. Because let me tell you, this was the most realistic one we did so far. 

Taehyung whispered something I didn't hear, as the crowd was cheering, he closed his eyes, and so did I, and as expected, the lights turned off. 

Seokjin was now kneeling on a chapel, very weak. Mina, who portrayed the ghost of Fantine, entered the stage, making her way to Seokjin. 

"M'sieur I bless your name." she recited. 

"I am ready, Fantine." Seokjin breathed out professionally. 

Mina came closer. "M'sieur lay down your burden." 

"At the end of my days.." Seokjin started. 

"You raised my child in love," Mina continued, as my character, Cosette, was the child of Fantine after all. 

"She's the best of my life." Seokjin added. 

Mina smiled. "And you will be with God." 

And soon, me and Taehyung's last scene was starting. Seokjin portrayed his character on the verge of dying. I made my way over to him, crying. 

We continued to do the scene, until it was the end, wherein he had finally 'passed away'. The lights turned off, and it was now a different scene. 

Me and Taehyung were already backstage, watching as the others sang the last paragraph, 

Will you join in our crusade?

Who will be strong and stand with me?

Somewhere beyond the barricade

Is there a world you long to see?

Do you hear the people sing?

Say, do you hear the distant drums?

It is the future that they bring

When tomorrow comes...

Tomorrow comes!

And soon, the main characters were being called to the front by Yoongi. 

"As Madame Thenardier and Thenardier," Yoongi said, as Hobi and Lisa walked to the front, holding hands and bowing. "Manoban Lalisa and Jung Hoseok." 

"As Cosette and Marius," he continued. "Rhee Suyung and Kim Taehyung." me and Taehyung held hands as we bowed down as well. 

"Eponine." said Yoongi, "Liu Jaehee." Jaehee smiled and did a different bow. 

"Govrach - Park Jimin." Jimin waved at the crowd. 

"Enjolras, Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook proudly presented himself in the front and bowed. 

"Inspector Javert, Kim Namjoon." Namjoon clapped and celebrated himself as he made his way to the front and bowed down, still clapping. 

"And last but not the least, Kim Seokjin as Jean Valjean." Seokjin smiled and bowed down. And for the last bow, everyone got together, held hands, and bowed down. The crowd cheered. 

"Oh god." Jaehee sighed as we all exited the stage with a satisfied audience. "That was.. so fun and worth it! Don't you think?" 

"It was!" Jimin exclaimed, opening his arms and pulling everyone in fora group hug. "Group hug! We all deserve it! Everyone did so well!" 

I laughed softly as he pulled away. "My parents are going to kill me for not telling them beforehand about the 'kissing' scene." 

"It's not over," Seokjin started. "The day after tomorrow is Halloween. Which means: Halloween party!" 

"Too tired." Yoongi said out of nowhere. I smiled and made my way to him, tackling him in a hug. 

"Yoongi! You did great!" I grinned, pulling away. He laughed softly. 

"All of you did too." he nodded. "Our hard work wasn't for nothing." 

"Let's have a halloween party in my house!" Taehyung exclaimed excitedly. "I'm not letting anyone in unless they wear a costume!" 

"Are you kidding?" Jaehee scoffed. "Wow." 

"Come on, it'll be fun!" he persuaded. 

In the end, everyone ended up agreeing anyways. 

Because hey.. 

Who would reject such friendship? 

--- 

Short chapter! ~ I hope it wasn't boring HAHA 

Anw, as you expected, next chapter'll be about the halloween party in taehyung's house! And let me tell you: next chapters will be GOOD.