Chapter Twenty-Nine

I felt my heart drop at the announcement.

I... didn't win? I worked hard for my performance. I wrote the lyrics, and every single had meaning. I practised perfecting my notes every day, and I have went through many things to get to this day!

And in the end..

I didn't win..

Taehyung, who was beside me, grinned widely and humbly made his way to the stage, the other contestants giving him a standing ovation backstage. He accepted his reward, but I couldn't help but feel bitterness form in my heart, even though I knew I shouldn't.

I bit my lip as I slowly clapped and watched him accept his reward. I didn't bother listening to his speech, and immediately made my way to where I assumed the restrooms would be.

I turned to one of the hallways and finally found the restroom. I entered the women's and stood in front of the mirror, eyeing myself.

My makeup and hairdo was still fresh, as if it was just put on minutes ago. I guess Jaehee was used to putting on an appearance like this, as she was a ballerina..

I sighed and turned the faucet on, clasping my hands together and started washing my face to take the makeup off. It took me a while, and I should've just used that makeup remover.. but it was working.

I pulled out a hairtie from my bag, before tying my hair into a ponytail. I felt so gloomy. The reward was money, but I was really looking forward to buying meat on the way home.. I guess not.

My phone buzzed.

From: Jaehee

Topic: TTYL.

Where are you?

I replied.

To: Jaehee

Topic: -

Restroom.

But at least I experienced a recital. If it was Yoongi in my place, he would have probably won. Maybe I didn't play the piano as well as I should of have.

I was about to exit the restroom, when I hear voices from outside, or should I say.. the room next to me..

"Give us the money, brat." a voice ordered, and I hear someone being pushed to the ground.

My eyes widened. Someone was being.. beaten up for money.. I couldn't just them get away. I shouldered my backpack and hid in the wall just right before the exit, to listen more closely.

"Please.." a deep voice begged. "I worked hard for this.. and I need it.."

Taehyung..

That was Taehyung!

There was a moment of silence, before I heard someone being punched to the ground. I couldn't just stand by and hear Taehyung obviously getting beaten up. And why he wasn't fighting back, I didn't know, but I had to help him.

"Don't make me tell you twice." the same voice said. Okay, so there was probably at least two of them. That's what I knew, as I heard another man saying something I couldn't make out, and he punched Taehyung again.

In an instance, they started beating him up.

My patience snapping, I exited the restroom and entered the men's, where I saw Taehyung laying down, with two men standing above him. One with a beanie and a jacket.

I pushed one of them, the one wearing a denim jacket, whom I assumed was the one that punched him.

"What's a lady doing in the men's restroom?" he questioned, eyeing me up and down.