Chapter Twenty

I didn't fasten my pace.

He was the last person I wanted to see.

I took my time. I was ready for what he had to say.. for what he had to command me.. for what he had to do, but I didn't want to do this anymore. I'm going to give him a piece of my mind.

I pursed my lips and took a deep breath when realising that I was now inside campus. I turned to the side to see the sun high in the sky. As of now, it was 3PM.

I sighed and entered the turn. In instinct, I turned my head and found Baekhyun standing there, by the river, his hands tucked and the soft breeze blowing on his face. All I had to do was walk down the steps to be next to him.

He tilted his head. We locked eyes for a while, until I finally gathered up my courage to walk down the cemented steps. He turned on his heel to face me.

He had his head lowered.

"Suyung-"

Just then, I felt a stinging pain on my palm. Baekhyun placed a hand on his cheek where I slapped him, and he turned to me with wide eyes. Yet why did he look so.. sincere?

I backed away when he tried to get closer. "What do you want, you traitor?"

He pursed his lips and holds out his hands, as if wanting to touch me. Growling, I swat his hand away and stepped forward. I probably didn't look as intimidating, as I was a head shorter than him.

I place my hands on his chest and pushed him. "Why did you want me here?"

I growl in frustration when he holds my wrists from hurting him. "I hate you! Let go of me!" I yank my hands away. My emotions were getting ahead of me, but..

He smiled and let out a small, yet genuine scoff, looking down on his bleeding arm, where I managed to scratch him. "So this is what I get from protecting you.."

"Protecting me?" I snapped. "I sunk into depression because of you! I'm such a fool for trusting you, Baekhyun. My heart is so stupid." I was getting out of hand.. but I was holding all of this for so long.

He looked up, his eyes soft, yet hurt. "I'm not PY, Suyung." he looked away.

My mouth went agape at his words. I ran my fingers through my hair as I lowered my gaze. I looked up and made my way over to him, clenching his shirt into my hands. "Liar. When will you ever tell me the truth.. traitor.. I hate you! Tell me the truth!"

I shook him with all my strength, biting my lip. Just then, I felt him pull me in an embrace.

"I'm sorry.." he murmured. "I used to.. work for him when you found me on the edge of this cliff. He destroyed my life, Suyung.. He took everything away from me. I felt so bitter when you saved me."

I stayed quiet. Was he.. lying again?

"You showed me how life can still be beautiful despite all this.." his arms dropped around me. "He told me he'll hurt you.. all those trust built.."

"Who is he.." I found myself gritting my teeth, my head lowered, and I couldn't meet his eyes.

"Yuhan." he breathed out.

My heart pounded. And as if on instinct, I turned on my heel. Until I felt a hand wrap around my wrist, stopping me from going.

I didn't know what to feel.

"Suyung, don't do anything yet." he said firmly. I bit my lip and turned, my gaze lowered.

And then I looked up, not caring as I feel tears drop from my eyes. "Baekhyun.. why would you.."

HARUM SCARUM | kth. [COMPLETED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें