Epilogue

It's been so long.

It's been so long since I've last thought about everything that has happened, everything we've been through, because I've always been so busy with work. Work-- which was teaching children. I wished I'd become a surgeon, if only my hands were okay.

Back in highschool, moments like these were moments we've always had. And now, just laying on the bed beside Taehyung and staring at the ceiling, it was such a moment for us both now that we were busy. I left early and came back late. And same with him.

I didn't know I would want to go back to having that much time in the past; but it's not like i regretted this, too. My hand in his, and when I turned to look at him, he smiled at me. No matter how busy we were, he was always so sweet.

"I know you want to play the piano again," he started. It suddenly got me excited hearing about the piano; I missed playing it. But whenever I did start thinking about it, my hand would slightly ache.

It was a permanent damage, and when I did things such as playing the piano, or other things like carrying groceries with the hand, it would become so numb and weak it starts to feel painful.

There was a gunshot heard from outside, making me perk up, "What was that?"

"It's hopefully nothing," Taehyung said, trying to calm himself down. "Sometimes, I hear sounds like that from outside, too. And most of the time, it's nothing."

I nodded slowly.

"I have something to talk to Yoongi-hyung about, how about we visit his apartment tomorrow? I can contact Jiminie and the others." he offered. I laughed softly and shook my head.

"I can contact them. You're working hard, too. What's the reason to the sudden interest in making songs, by the way?" I questioned, letting out a small sigh, and turned to face him.

"I don't know, but out of a sudden, there are just things I wanted to write about. Like I started to appreciate them. And Yoongi-hyung was right on how everything somehow always ends up to love, love, love. I try to write a song about society, and it becomes a love story. But I'm getting the hang of it."

"Songs about dreams and hope is a good concept." his hair was messy, and though the room was slightly dark, I could still see his adorable smile. He looked so simple — yet so perfect. "Whatever song you're making, Taehyung, I'm sure it'll come out amazing."

"Yah, you're so supportive and cute with your eye bags, Yuna." he giggled, moving his hands and lightly pinching his cheeks. "I'm so lucky to have you as my girlfriend."

I felt heat rise up my cheeks, and it took me a while to reply. "Of course."

He laughed softly, "Girls get distant."

My eyes widened a bit, and I blushed harder, "Why?!"

"Because, they know I have a girlfriend, duh." he said, as if the answer was obvious. I didn't find anything wrong with that. "And when others try to get to know me more, they stay away the moment I say I'm dating someone."

"Aish, don't let it be like that." I said, moving my head closer and planting a kiss on his nose. "I trust you, Taehyung. Those things don't matter to me. Every night, you're with me. Every day, you assure and show me you love me. As long as you do come home every night, I'm fine with it."

"What if I get stranded?" he fakes a scared scream. "Because of a storm?"

"Gah," I growled playfully flicking his forehead. "Tell me where you are and I'll pick you up."

"I won't be able to go to sleep without assuring your safety, or that you're home." I said softly, smiling small. He returned it.

He stared at me, like he always did, and it made me fluster. I slightly turned my head so I wouldn't become overwhelmed by his gaze. He laughed.

"Yuna," he said. "You're so cute. You're still flustered over me staring at you?"

I blushed, "Hey."

He started to laugh, and I felt so embarrassed — I didn't even know why. He moved closer and pecked my lips. I was so unaware that I blushed even harder, to the point that I just had to cover my face with my hands. "Taehyung." I said again, groaning slightly.

"I just.. I love you." he smiled, and I couldn't help but smile, as well.

"I love you too."

"Hey," he murmured, noticing my sudden uneasiness. My eyes widened a bit, and I shook my head. My face felt so hot, and my heart pounded. That wasn't what I meant.. "Are you okay?"

And I thought that moment would last longer.

I wished it did.

The doorbell rang. And following that, it rang again, and again, and again-- as if the person on the other side was in a hurry. Me and Taehyung locked glances, before hurriedly making our way to the door.

I pulled it open, my gaze landing on Jungkook, an unfamiliar girl in his arms and blood all over. When I looked up to see his face, he was crying.

"Yuna," he breathed out. "Help me."