Chapter Twenty-Three

School just seemed like a car passing by. 

I ignored it. It went by faster than I expected. I was still earning good grades, which was good. And every day after class, I would always make my way to the music room and write, test, and practice notes with Yoongi. 

I rarely spoke the past few days. I just didn't feel like I had much to say. Every day before going home, I would always go by the river and bring at least flowers...

My heart would still ache whenever I thought about him.. but I was recovering.. slowly. 

"You seem quiet these past few days." Yoongi always looked out for me. He was sometimes incredibly honest about my doings and me in general.. sometimes, when the others came along, he would become colder and quieter than usual. 

"I know it's hard." he sighed, running his fingers through his hair as I continued writing down musical notes on a pad, whilst testing it's melody. "But music helps, doesn't it? Be yourself, Suyung. That's the most important thing you have to do in life." 

Did I mention that he was good at giving advices, too? He always saw through my lies. Sometimes, he would scold me, and sometimes, he would give me advices. Either way, I wasn't complaining. 

I pursed my lips and stopped writing, looking up at him and forcing a smile. "I am myself." 

He scoffed and flicked my forehead, making me scoot back. "Ow! What was that for?" 

"Stop lying, Suyung." he smiled and places two fingers on the edge of my lips, pulling them up to bring them into an awkward grin. "You turn into an ogre in my eyes when you lie. There we go, you look better." 

I laughed and waved a hand, my heart feeling lighter than before. "Alright, alright.. you got me, Yoongi.. I'm smiling." I gave him a huge grin. "See? Eeeh." 

We heard a knock on the door. Yoongi stood up and playfully rolled his eyes at me. "Yeah, I can see you sticking out your tongue." he gave me a gummy smile, before making his way to the door. 

"Uhh.. is Suyung here?" I heard an unfamiliar voice ask from outside of the room. 

From where I was, I could see Yoongi gave him an expressionless face. "No, she isn't." he was about to shut the door, when the guy managed to keep it open with his foot. 

"Ow!" he cursed under his breath and I see him hand Yoongi a lunchbox. "Look, Jungkook just wanted to give this to her! He also said he sent her a text message!" 

I pulled my phone out from my pocket and realised the guy was telling me the truth. Jungkook basically flooded me with messages. I must've been too busy. 

I sighed and stood up from the bench, shaking my head as the two continued arguing. 

"Why? You poisoned her food, didn't you?" Yoongi said, his hand on the doorknob, and the other on the wall, preventing the guy from coming in. 

"Yoongi, he's telling the truth." I said. Yoongi sighed and pushed the door open. The guy let out a sigh of relief. 

"Thank god." he wiped some sweat off of his forehead with his handkerchief. And I swear.. he looked.. familiar. Was he that.. 

"Hey! You're that 2nd placer in the dance competition right?" I said, smiling widely. He turned his head to look at me. He gasped and stumbled back. 

"You're the cute girl I saw in the front row!" he said, blushing and smiling widely. "What's your name? I'm Park Jimin! I'm a freshman.. just like you! I also dance, what do you do? Do you sing? Also, I'm Jungkook's friend and classmate.. can-"