Chapter Seven

The first thing I heard were faint voices. They didn't sound too happy. My eyes fluttered, revealing 5 people in front of me, including my parents. Mom and Dad sat up from their seat and quickly made their way over to me. 

Hobi and Jungkook were quiet, and I could hear someone else but my Mom crying. They hugged me. Mom caressed my cheek. "Suyung, are you okay? Do you feel alright? Anything strange?" 

I gently waved her hand away to signal that I was okay. All I remember was Hobi and Jungkook being all excited about the competition.. what's gotten them so down? And why the hell are they in my room while I was sleeping? 

"I'm alright, Mom." I reassured. "What happened?" 

Dad sighed and turned his head to my friends. "I'm going to let the 4 of you talk this out.. Suyung, analyse everything carefully. Call us when you need anything." and with that, they walked out of the door. 

I bit my lip and sat up, a bit upset on how everyone was acting. I forced a laugh. "What got you all so down? Weren't you all so happy?" 

I turned to the side and realise Jaehee was the one crying. She couldn't even meet my eyes as she did. Hobi moved his chair closer to my bed. "Yuna.. do you remember anything?" he asked, standing up and placing a hand on top of my forehead, as if to check my temperature. 

"Yeah. All of you were excited a while ago." I pointed out. "What-" 

"You got drugged." Jungkook said coldly, finally getting to the point. Hobi flashed him an uneasy look and sat down on his chair. "In school. You fainted." 

"Drugged?" I repeated. I hope I didn't sound so stupid, but what could have gotten me to be.. drugged?  For me to faint.. and most importantly.. who would do that? 

"The cookies you ate yesterday.. someone wanted you to be drugged. The man who gave it said it was from Liu Jaehee." he added, flashing a sly glare to Jaehee. 

Jaehee's cries got more audible as she made her way over to me, squeezing my hand and looking up at me. "Suyung.. we've only been friends for a while, but you know that I will never.. ever drug you, right?" 

"I know that.." I trailed off. "Jungkook, don't suspect her." 

Jungkook was about to speak, but was cut off with my phone buzzing. Hobi grabbed it and handed it to me. I thanked him and glanced at the message displayed. 

- unknown number - 

No, it wasn't supposed to end like that. Are you alright? But then, the cookies did taste good, did it, love? 

PY.

"Who is it?" Hobi questioned, moving his head so he could see the message after seeing my reaction. Who would.. was this the man that handed me the cookies yesterday? 

"Do any of you know who's number this is?" I asked, placing my phone in front of me. Jaehee read the message out loud, then looked up at me. 

"Don't tell me this is.." she started. 

"The man that's behind all this." Jungkook finished. 

I narrowed my eyes. "He has to back off-" 

"Yuna, I think it's best if you don't reply to him." Hobi insisted, then sighed. "If we ignore him, maybe he'll stop. What matters is that you're up and going again, right?" 

My phone buzzed again. 

- unknown number - 

I don't like being ignored.