Chapter Fifty-Four

"You should let her go." a familiar voice said. But unfortunately for me, it was the woman I encountered a few weeks ago who claimed herself to be Yuhan's wife. What do I call her? How about brunette?

As expected, the man pulled away from me, letting me drop on the ground. I coughed and looked up at the two.

"Your phone." he said sternly, extending his hand. Slowly, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and as soon as I placed it on his, I took the opportunity and dug my nails into his arm.

"Bitch!" he exclaimed, pulling away with my phone and pointing his gun at me, turning the safety off. "Stand your ground. Shit." he looked down on his bleeding arm.

"You can't shoot her, boy." brunette warned, twirling the gun in her hands. "She's mine. And you won't be able to get your target without using her as bait."

"Yeah, yeah." the guy rolled his eyes and flashed me a glare. "I'm calling her now."

The call was answered right away.

"Mina." the guy's frown turned into a smirk. "You have no escape. This is all on you. Come here under the bridge and don't tell anyone. I have your lovely sister here, so if you don't want her dead, you might as well come alone."

There was a moment of silence.

"Fine." she replied. "Don't do anything to her. We have a deal." and with that, she dropped the call. The man lets out a chuckle.

"Ha. She's foolish as always." he celebrated, before turning to brunette. "You might as well kill her, I already got what I want."

"Not yet." brunette growled. "Mind your own business."

"Alright." the man shrugged, holding up his hands in defence. "Whatever, do what you want."

"Just what would you do to me?" I raised a brow and stood up, approaching her. Yeah, she had a gun pointed at me and a knife in her other hand, but she couldn't kill me here. Though I wasn't sure about the cutting.

If only their guns didn't have silencers, I would've already been saved.

"Sell you." she scoffed. "I get the money, and you get what you deserve. But I want to be able to torture you while I have the chance." her lips curled into a sadistic smirk.

"Uhuh." I wasn't a short-tempered person, but my patience was going down the drain. I felt myself clench my fist and throw a punch at her face. "And you think I'll be settling for someone to save me?" I walked backwards. "Just who do you think I am?"

"A girl who deserves to rot." she growled, pointing her gun at me. "I can just sell your organs. Dare to hit me again.. I have much more people to target." she approached me.

"Touch me once more.." she started, and I couldn't move. Maybe because I wanted to show her I wasn't afraid. I wasn't going to back down. She raised her knife, and I felt it's sharp blade pierce my cheek downward. "And your loved ones will be the ones hurting."

I turn away from her, feeling myself touch my cheek before taking my distance. I had no choice but to wait for her.

My cheek stung. And I wiped my sleeve to prevent the blood from dripping. It was going to leave a scar.

I wanted to fight, but with two guns pointing at me simultaneously, I didn't know what to do. I was hoping Mina had something up her sleeve.

My phone rang.

"Taehyung." the guy read. And I felt my heart skip a beat. But predictably, he didn't answer the phone and let it ring, which made it even worse for me to try and not pick it up.