Chapter Nine

I stared at the ceiling. 

I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was Yuhan's advice. 

'Reply to him.' 

Overcome by anger and temptation, I sat up and grabbed my phone from my bedside table, making myself comfortable as I went back to PY's messages these past few days. 

Every day he messaged me. Every 6:00AM, 12:00PM, and 7:00PM. I never replied. But maybe now was the time. I was sick of him. He had to know who he was dealing with. I won't back down. 

Questions ran in my head. But bombarding him probably wasn't a good idea. So I said: 

'What do you want?' 

And with that, with a heavy heart, I placed my phone on my bedside table again and went to sleep. Not that I could say it wasn't a restless night.

My eyes fluttered open before my phone even set off it's alarm. I turned to the side and realised it was an hour from my alarm. I couldn't sleep again after this; so I grabbed my phone and bit my lip when seeing the message PY left for me last night. 

- unknown number - 

'Exactly a month from now.. let me tell you something.'

PY. 

I sighed and started preparing myself for school. Once I finished my routine, I stretched for a bit as I made my way outside of my room. I found three of my friends inside the shop, drinking coffee.

"What the hell?" I asked, running my fingers through my hair as I blinked the remaining sleepiness out of my eyes. I tightened my grip around my bag as I walked over to where they were. "What are you doing here?" 

"Nothing." Jaehee shrugged. "We're just being good friends. Has PY sent any messages to you last night?" 

I sighed. "I asked him what he wanted last night. He told me he was going to tell me something exactly  a month from now." 

Hobi and Jungkook tilted their heads to look at the calendar. Jungkook stood up, grabbed a marker nearby, and flipped the calendar. "I guess we gotta mark the date, do we?" he marked September 17. 

"Anyways, don't we have to go to school?" I tried to lighten up the mood. Hobi almost chocked on his juice on my remark. 

"It's like.. an hour from school." Jungkook pointed out. 

"We can talk about.. other stuff for now." Jaehee shrugged, as she scooted a little bit on her rather large seat, motioning me to sit beside her. Which I gladly did. 

"So PY probably'll stop sending you creepy messages in a while." she cheered up. 

"Well, that's not for sure," Jungkook interrupted. Jaehee frowned but nodded anyways. Hobi made a sound at the back of his throat. He opened his phone, which was on the table, where we could all see it. 

Jungkook scoffed at his wallpaper, while Jaehee lets out a giggle. "Your lockscreen's a picture of you and Yuna?" 

Hobi shrugged. "I'm going to change it." 

I cocked an eyebrow, an unconscious smirk playing on my lips. He raised his phone to an angle where only both of us were visible in the camera. 

Jaehee rolled her eyes as we took the picture. "Talk about favoritism." 

I laughed and held up Hobi's hand higher so all of us could fit in the picture. He took the photo and started changing it to his lockscreen. "Wah! We're all do adorable! Especially Yuna!" he moved his hands as if wanting to pinch my cheeks.