Chapter Thirty-Five

It seemed so long since I've been asked about Baekhyun. 

The others didn't mention him ever since the incident. They knew I would've been so sensitive about it, that I would break down and be all sorrowful again.. his question made my heart pound. 

"Taehyung," I started, darting my gaze away from him and glancing to my side. "Those things I blurted out a while ago.. it was nothing.. I just happen to be a fan of dramas." I lied, looking up at him and forcing a smile. 

His brows furrowed. "But you looked genuinely... hurt." 

I pursed my lips and lowered my head. I didn't want to make him feel bad by indirectly telling him that I didn't trust him, and I felt like this wasn't even a secret anymore. I was the only one hiding it from myself. 

"I once saw a guy by the river - standing at the edge of the cliff to end his life." I started, clenching my backpack's strap over my shoulders. "I couldn't just watch.. so I ended up jumping from the top of the stairs to the bottom." 

Taehyung's eyes widened, and he turned to me. "All the way?" 

I laughed softly on his reaction and nodded. "I pulled him a good distance away until I was sure he was safe.. I thought he was just another cold man when he spoke to me.. yet when I saw his eyes.. I couldn't help but feel warm." 

"We ended up taking him to the infirmary.. and so I visited him there after school.. I found out he didn't have a home anymore, so he ended up staying at our house for a few months.." I trailed off. 

And then I explained him everything.. about PY, Jimin's relation to him, Baekhyun.. 

"I didn't know I could fall in love so easily.." I pursed my lips, chuckling to myself as I looked up to glance at Taehyung. "I'm so stupid." 

His eyes widened, and he quickly shook his head. "No you're not." 

"I'm so careless." I murmured, more to myself, than anyone in particular. 

"You're not." Taehyung said again, his voice now more stern as he stopped in his tracks to look at me. "Suyung.. if I knew it was this tragic.. I never would've asked.." 

"Suyung.. I know I'm not the only one.. I don't like seeing you so hurt." he said, moving his hand to wipe some of my tears with his hand. "Don't think of yourself so lowly. Or else Yoongi-hyung would flick your forehead and scold you." 

I didn't reply. 

"And you know.." he sighed, proceeding to walk again. "I never really believed in falling in love.. your story makes it seem so heartwarming.. I like it when others fall in love.. but me?" 

"Maybe it's because you never fell in love before." I replied, "You won't be able to resist it, Taehyung.. the feeling when they look at you.. when they smile at you so genuinely.." 

"I don't know.." he trailed off. "But hey! Maybe someone can make me fall in love with them. Like.. wow, that person must be so amazing that they actually manage to." 

I shrugged and smiled unconsciously. "They sure are." 

He gave me a cute smile and stopped in his tracks once we reached the flower shop. "Oh.. you live here, Suyung? That's so cool!" then he started rambling on and on about how he appreciated our flower shop so much. 

"Hmm." I nodded. "I'd love to talk more, Taehyung.. but it's getting late, and we should still practice our verses and lines for tomorrow again." 

"Ah! Me too." he said, pointing a finger at me. "Video call me." 

I blinked, and I sure hope I wasn't blushing.. what the hell, Taehyung.. "Video call?"