Chapter Sixty-Seven

"Where are you going?" Mom asked, as I was about to exit the house. I pursed my lips, staying like that for a while before turning.

"I'm going to visit Taehyung." I decided. "He's sick."

She eyed me for a while. "Really? Hold up." she made her way upstairs. Since the incident two days ago with Jeongyun, her and dad have been really nice, and it put me in a good mood everyday, too.

Jungkook told me about Taehyung being sick. I wanted to get the heavy feeling off my chest. Taehyung worked hard - I should too. He was right. It's my turn to show him what he really means to me.

Mom ran down the stairs and handed me a bouquet of flowers, "Give it to him."

"You're really okay with him?" I eyed the bouquet, before taking it. She nodded and pulled me in a hug.

"I'm sorry for everything, Suyung. Stress overcame me." she pulled away and waved. I smiled and waved goodbye, before exiting the house, light-hearted.

I was much more confident than before.

I got myself a cab, and it took me about 20 minutes to get to town. Sooner or later, we would be back here. Next year, maybe I would be back in school again, too.

I made my way to a certain house and took a deep breath. This was my chance. I knocked on the door.

My hands were getting sweaty again. My left hand has been numb starting 2 days ago, since I stopped working. But it still hurt. Other than that, everything was good.

Jeongyun pulled the door open, "Good morning."

"Good morning, Jeongyun. Is Taehyung home? May I see him?" I said softly, mentally praying that their dad wouldn't come in and kick me out. Or at least that he was in a good mood.

"Yeah, he's in his room." he smiled. "Lucky for you, dad's still asleep. And apparently, both of them are sick. Taehyung insisted for me to take care of dad, so it's nice that you came here!"

He lets me inside, "I'll cover for you. He really misses you. And also, here's a piece of advice: you should try and cook something for the two."

My eyes widened as I stood in front of the stairs, "The two?"

"He'd appreciate you trying." he smiled, making his way over to me and handing me a glass of water and some medicine. "Just don't put poison in it. Alright?"

I nodded slowly, taking in his words as I walked upstairs. To be honest, I've never been to Taehyung's room before. The only place I got to see in this house was the living room and that room we hid inside back in Halloween.

But I assumed his room was the one on the left, since I felt the cold air of the AC from outside of the room. Pursing my lips, I knocked softly on the door, before peeking my head inside. My heart skipped a beat as my gaze landed on him sleeping peacefully.

Since my hands were full, I closed the door with my foot and walked inside. I placed the medicine and bouquet on his bedside table and decided to wait for him to wake up.

He shifted in his sleep, probably hearing me coming inside.

"Jeonghyun," he started, his voice hoarse and his eyes closed. "I miss Yuna." I almost forgot about the fact that he talked in his sleep. "I want to be with her."

I suddenly became guiltier. And overcome with love and affection, I placed a kiss on his forehead. "I love you, Taehyung."

He smiled in his sleep and reached out his hands, I giggled when he started framing my face. His eyes fluttered open, and his expression said it all.