Chapter Sixty-Five

Suyung

"Have you and Taehyung still been seeing each other?"

My mind hurt.

Why did everything have to be so hard?

"Last week was the last time."

"Well, it's a yes for him." Mom decided, before standing up, leaving me alone in the living room of my Uncle's house.

Did she have to say yes when it was the end?

I continued to walk through the snowy day, my hands pocketed to keep myself warm. As I turned to a certain street, I stopped in my tracks once seeing a familiar person.

How?

My heart pounded as I see him fasten his pace. I wanted to give back the money, but at the same time, I didn't want to meet him. So I did the same and walked faster.

From the corner of my eye, I see him break into a sprint, as to why he managed to stop me from going any farther. "Yuna..." he panted, I could hear the sincerity in his voice, "Why are you avoiding me?"

"Taehyung." I started. It's been more than a week since I saw him, or anyone. "Things are hard. You're still not over me?" I looked up to meet his eyes, which were much more softer compared to mines.

"Why would I be over you?" his brows furrowed, and his face showed it all. That he was hurt. I couldn't blame him. "Did you use the money Jungkook gave you?"

"No." I answered, darting my gaze away from him. "My mother gave you a yes."

"Does that mean?" his eyes brightened, and he smiled.

"I don't want to do this anymore, Taehyung." I breathed out. Why was I lying? I was lying to everyone.. including to myself. But I didn't want him to be in love with some girl his dad would never appreciate.

I pulled out the check from my bag and handed it to him. "I'm giving this back to you."

"What do you mean.. you don't want to do this anymore?" his voice cracked, but he didn't get the check. "Yuna?"

I pushed it to his chest and turned my head, "Just get it. I'm going to be late for work."

"No," he said, grabbing my wrist again and turning me around. "Were those words true? .. do you not love me anymore?"

I pursed my lips and stared up at him, "Taehyung.. why do you care so much?"

I gently yanked my wrist away from his grasp and stepped back, staring at him. "Your father wants someone else for you. She must be suited for you. She can make you happier more than I ever did."

"First love doesn't always last." I started. "I learned that the hard way."

He wouldn't meet my eyes. Instead, his gaze was lowered.

"No!" he raised his voice, and he looked up. "Suyung.. my god. This isn't about anyone else. This isn't about dad. About that girl.. This is about you and me."

I was a bit shocked on how he reacted, but I guess he wasn't always going to keep things to himself, wasn't he?

"The money is yours." he said firmly, handing it to me.

"Taehyung-"

"Take it!" he said frustratingly, placing it on my hand and running his fingers through his hair. "When will you ever realise.. Suyung?"

He was mad. I know it.

A pang of guilt struck my chest.

"I'm not just going to stand and watch you have a hard time." he started. "I don't care about what other people think. If I want to, I'm going to be with you."

"Listen to your family, Taehyung." I said slowly.

"I'm not going to listen to someone who hasn't been there for me!" he grumbled, sighing heavily.

I stared at him for a short while. And my heart couldn't help but ache as he broke down. I wanted to hug him. "Why do you care so much? What did I do to make you fall for me.. so hard?"

"Suyung, aish." he closed his eyes, annoyed. "Open your eyes. Stop being so selfless and tell me the things you really want to say."

"Leave me alone." I clarified, my voice breaking. He looked so tired.

"Will you let something like this get between us?" he questioned. And I was getting frustrated, too.

"Our families can never get along, Taehyung. Family is important!" I growled. "I know how much you love your family. You know how much I love mines. Even if they never got to treat us the way we treat them."

"Stop thinking like that.." he said quietly. "Are you just going to give up? Why am I the only one fighting for our relationship?"

"Because I can let go." I shot back. "Learn to let go.. what do you want me to do?"

"Family is important.." he repeated. "If they're important, what about you? Your dreams? If you want me to pursue my dreams so bad, where are you going to be?"

"Wherever I get to."

"I'm not that low, Suyung." he decided. I hated this. I didn't like fighting with him. We were so serious, my heart was beating fast the whole time. "I'm not selfless or selfish. That's why I know when to stop and know when to help."

"So I'm in the wrong for helping my family?" I scoffed. "Taehyung, you rich gentleman, when will you ever?"

"Learn to accept help." he groaned, sighing in annoyance. "What is stopping you from accepting my help? Our help?"

"It's embarrassing." I gritted my teeth. "You'd never understand. You're high and mighty with your wealth, might as well marry someone rich too."

"You're the one I want to marry." he cuts me off with a glare. "Where are you going at.. Suyung? You actually think I'd look at other girls when I have you? If you could only fight for me the way I do with you.." he furiously wiped the tears on his cheek, and I felt.. defeated.

"I want to." I looked away. "But there are boundaries that hold me back, Taehyung.."

"But you just let them hold you back." he said, his eyes narrowed.

"And-"

"I understand." he said, forcing a smile. "But keep the money. Okay?" before I even got to reply, he turned on his heel with a wave. "Goodbye!"

Why did he have to pretend?

I could hear the pain in his voice.

I could see the tears in his eyes.

I could feel the desperation in his heart.

We're in the same situation, of not being able to be with the ones we love..

But then again..

Why was I pretending too?

I wiped the tears on my cheek and forced a smile.

Wether it was goodbye or not,

I wanted to be with him.

---

To clarify things.. Suyung wants Taehyung to go with his family, though Taehyung would obviously fight for his love, it doesn't seem like his dad would let that go any sooner..

Suyung got the money..

And when you realise Yoongi and Suyung still aren't in good terms..

What now?