Chapter Forty-Five

If only the delivery man got caught in traffic. 

I cleared my throat, moving my head away and placed a strand of hair behind my ear, standing up. "I'll get it." 

Taehyung nodded slowly, obviously upset by the disturbance. I was blushing so hard, my heart might as well explode. 

Oh god, at this case, I probably wouldn't be able to meet his eyes. I was a bad liar! Jungkook and the others would most likely know what just happened with a single question. What a moment to ruin. 

I opened the door. 

"Good afternoon." the man greeted, handing me the boxes. I grabbed it from him and pulled out some money from my pocket, placing it on his palm. He stood there for a short while before nodding and driving away. 

I was never going to get over this. I couldn't help myself to not think about me and Taehyung almost.. almost kissing. I slowly placed the boxes on the table and stared at it. I was hungry, but I suddenly became shy. 

"What's the matter?" I hear his comforting voice ask, sitting across from me and opened the one of the boxes. "Are you okay, Yuna?" 

I stared at him for a minute before nodding, sitting down. Okay, so the only way I could probably get my mind off of this is eat.. I sighed and opened one of the boxes, which was chicken, making me smile. 

We ate in silence for about 5 minutes, as Taehyung was on his phone, until he cracked a laugh and shook his head. "Ah.. Jungkook is so corny." 

I scoffed playfully, "He always was."

"He's gonna call." he said, and before I even managed to reply, his phone rang. 

"Well.. you might as well answer it." I shrugged, finishing my food. So I grabbed another box, opening it and watching as Taehyung accepted the phone call. 

"Okay, so.. the thing is, although she's pretty open-minded, she's easily overwhelmed, which means.. don't treat her like she's a princess!" I heard his voice boom throughout the room, as the volume was on max. 

"What?" I blinked. 

Taehyung blushed and held up his phone. "J-Jungkook-ah.. she's with me.. did you forget?" 

"Oh. Whoops." he laughed. "Hold up! You've got to tell me about the kiss! I'm gonna be there in 5." 

I furiously shook my head, waving my hands in front of me. "No, no. Don't let him come, Taehyung!" I whisper-shouted, so Jungkook wouldn't be able to hear on the other line. 

"If it's fine, I'm gonna be there with everyone, too!" I could feel him grinning. "Let's watch a horror movie!" and with that, he dropped the call. 

"Ah.. doesn't he know we're on a date?" I raised a brow. 

He chuckled, "I'm pretty sure everyone knows." 

"Then.. why are they coming over?" I flushed. Believe me, I absolutely loved having them around, but they really couldn't live a day without seeing each other, can they? 

"It's okay!" he moved his hand and lightly pinched my cheek. "They're really excited for tomorrow! I am too!" 

I scoffed playfully. "I get it. You want to tire yourself today so you wouldn't be able to stay up late in later?" 

He shrugged. "You got it." 

I smiled and continued eating, while he made upstairs do 'get his charger' and by the time he got down, I was already cleaning up. 

His eyes widened. "You're fast. Yuna, your stomach is an endless pit." 

I rolled my eyes and washed my hands, "I'll take that as a compliment."