Chapter Five

______

"Good morning." I greeted, tying my hair into a ponytail and walking up to dad, kissing him on the cheek, then did the same to Mom.

"Where you off to?" Mom asked, opening the door outside and grabbing the newspaper on our doorstep.

"I'll be hanging out with a friend. I'll be back soon." I reassured, clutching unto my shoulder bag, before waving them a goodbye. My phone buzzed. And thinking it was Jaehee, I checked my messages.

From: Hobi

Topic: Have fun!

Me and Jungkook are together right now! You know, checking out that ramen shop. I hope you have fun. And yes, you can keep my slippers. Stay safe, Yuna!

Then he sent a picture of Jungkook, with a mouthful of food in his mouth. I laughed and saved it, since I just love having blackmails of him. I pocketed my phone once again and started walking towards school.

Once I entered campus, I saw Jaehee waving at me from a distance. She approached me. "Hey! I'm glad you didn't ditch our hangout."

I cocked an eyebrow as we started walking side by side. "Why would I ditch our hangout? You were the one that ditched me half of the week."

She laughed. "Shh, I have a secret. Let me tell you later. Anyways, where we off to first?"

"The best restaurant in town!" I announced, laughing as I did so. "Anyways, can you unfold more things about yourself? Do you have any siblings?"

"I don't have any siblings." she scrunched up her nose in annoyance and blew some bangs out of her face. "I mean, I wish I did. But I don't. It's always so lonely! And you?"

"Yeah, I have an older sister that's studying in Seoul." I shrugged. Her eyes widened at my words.

"Seoul? Just how rich are you?"

I rolled my eyes. "It's because all my grandmother's profit somehow got into her care. It's not like she even knew grandma that much. I was the one always taking care of her! But hey, I'm not the favourite child."

"I guess it's hard too, then." she sighed, kicking some pebbles on the road and lowering her gaze. "What did you and your grandma used to do together?"

Most of the time, I didn't like talking about my childhood. Because honestly, Grandma and Jungkook were the ones that only made it brighter in the first place. Believe me, I love my parents, but I wasn't the child that grew up with them.

"She taught me how to play the piano." I replied, smiling at the thought. "If you're gonna ask me about my hobbies, count that in and drawing."

"Are you surprised that I'm chinese and don't know how to play the piano, AND I suck at math?" she sulked. "You draw? Oh god. Why didn't you tell me any sooner? I mean, it's not like I'm good at it. I actually suck."

"At least it's one of the things I'm good at." I rolled my eyes. "I don't think I have any more talents than that. I'm not good at singing or dancing. I don't actually do any sports."

"Not anyone can be good at physical activity." she crossed her arms. "I mean, at least you're pretty. You're cute, and boys actually find you attractive."

"Stop exaggerating." I rolled my eyes and pursed my lips.

She laughed. "But I'm not. You're really pretty."

I fet heat rise up my cheeks at her words. I didn't like talking about boys. Maybe because it would we awkward if I talked about it with a guy, and I had no interest on conversations like that. Don't blame me. I grew up with Jungkook as an only friend.