Chapter Forty-Four

I woke up to find dozens of messages from Taehyung. He was saying lots of sentences, which was divided into texts, and added a picture in the end.

- Are you awake?

- Please wake up~

- So we could go now :D

- I'm excited

- To see you, and go out with you

- Take your time~

- I'll wait for you

- I like clothes oh no i didnt realise it took me 30 minutes to choose what to wear for our date

- its a date right

- hehe

- You make me crazyyyyyyy yahhhhhhhhhhhh yah yahhhhhhhhh

I found myself smiling reading his messages. I guess he actually listened to what Jungkook blurted out yesterday, huh? Feel free to find it corny, but I found it adorable.

I replied to his messages that I was getting ready.

Since our plan was just to hang out, I decided to dress casually. And when I mean by that - I mean what I wear most of the time, for colder periods.

I wore some gloves, the beanie Hobi gave me, a thick jacket with a shirt underneath, and some black leggings and old boots.

I then stuffed my phone in my bag and shouldered it. I exited my room, and found Mina, with her daughter, eating breakfast in the flower shop, Mom or Dad not in sight. But when I thought about it, it was pretty early.

"Yeppeun, yeppeun!" Nami, my niece, smiled, pointing at me. I was so distant with them these past few days, I didn't even get to talk to her, when I had such a soft spot for children. And besides, Mina was there. "Mommy, auntie's so pretty!"

Yeppeun, huh? At least I was pretty in her eyes.

For a while, me and Mina locked eyes. Something definitely changed compared to the last time I saw her. She didn't hold a glare anymore, instead, she held kind eyes and a soft expression.

"Hmm." she nodded, feeding Nami. "Nami dear, you should eat."

Nami's gaze was still on me as I started texting Taehyung that I was now waiting for him. She had such an adorable smile on her face, I couldn't help but return it.

Nami swallowed her food and jumped from her chair, making her way over to me and lightly tugging on my sleeve. "Auntie.. where are you going? Can I come?"

I smiled and softly patted her head. "I'm just going to walk around town with a friend. And it's too cold outside, you can get sick."

"But-"