Chapter Eighteen

How did I bare this for a week?

I barely spoke to anyone for a week. Lisa still talked to me from time to time, and I sat with her and her friends whenever it was lunch time. They were nice, but I rarely talked to them. This was torture. 

But there were times wherein I passed by Baekhyun. It especially happened after school, in the hallways. He would give me a cold stare, but I would never look at him. 

He betrayed me and my friends. 

Class ended sooner than I thought. The teacher said goodbye, and when he walked outside, everyone cheered as they exclaimed that the weekend was about to start. I shouldered my bag and quietly exited the classroom. 

This time, I took a different route. I didn't want to see Baekhyun again. And to do that, I had to take the longer path. Not that I was complaining. I never wanted to see him again. 

For a week, I haven't seen Namjoon or Hobi. Jaehee was my classmate, so things were awkward. And since Jungkook and I were in the same grade, I always manage to see him around, too. 

I bit my lip and hoped for the best that I won't bump into someone I knew. 

Now that I thought about it, I never really got to this part of the school. I turned to a hallway that was next to the library, then passed by some rooms I didn't even know the school had. 

There was the home economics room, where there was a huge window, so even though I was outside, I manage to see what was inside. I saw a familiar person inside, but I'm pretty sure we've never talked before.. 

He was cooking something, and was in the midst of tasting it, when he turned his head and found me staring. He smiled softly and waved at me. 

It was Kim Seokjin! The senior! Now I remember. 

I blinked a few times, a bit shocked that he didn't ignore me, but I returned his smile and waved back, before continuing on walking down the hallway. 

I guess my memory this time hasn't let me down, hasn't it? But then again, Kim Seokjin was pretty popular in school. Especially among girls. What made him 'more attractive' was that he could cook, and that he was nice. 

I only heard it from random people, but most likely, they were right. At least he wasn't a typical bad boy and or ignorant. That's actually pretty attractive. He has charm points on that one. 

I'm guessing this is the senior hallway, then? Where most seniors hang, I guess. I didn't see much familiar people, and saw some seniors. 

Seniors' uniforms were special. Unlike juniors and freshmen like us, seniors have ties. But juniors and freshmen don't. Senior girls have ribbons. We don't. 

And almost every person I passed by was qualified for those clothes. 

There was another turn, which I was about to go to, until I heard familiar voices. 

"Jaehee, is your foot okay now?" I heard Namjoon ask, which has gotten closer. I bit my lip and lowered my head, hoping they'll just ignore me, but it seemed like they stopped walking. 

"Y-Yeah. It's healing nicely." she reassured. 

There was a moment of silence, until Hobi spoke up.

"I miss Yuna." he said softly. Everyone was then quiet for a while, until I heard one of them sigh, which was most likely Jungkook. 

"We need to talk to her." he said. "There's something wrong.. I'm sure."

And then I heard footsteps again, and this time, it was coming from in front of me. I see their shadows making their way towards me, until they were directly in front of me.