Chapter Forty

"Love locks?" I questioned, as Jaehee handed me a padlock. I scanned the area we were in, thousands, or maybe even millions of padlocks surrounding us. Though I still didn't get the message. "What for?" 

She chuckled. "You just write your name and a person, and dream that you'll always be forever." 

I cocked an eyebrow as she handed me a marker, "Hasn't it always been like that, anyways?" 

But I ended up writing in the padlock, anyways. Everyone got padlocks too, but we decided to lock it right next to each other. I tried to write as small as possible, which I succeeded in. And once I was finally satisfied, I locked it next to Jaehee's. 

'Our friendship - Yuna x Jungkook x Hobi x Jaehee x Namjoon x Yoongi x Jimin x Taehyung x Seokjin ' 

I didn't bother looking at what the others wrote, because right after, we were already headed to the cable cars of Seoul tower. 

As we proceeded to walk up the steps, I felt someone tug on my hand. Turning my head, I see Taehyung giving me a cheeky smile. Sighing, I gently grab his hand as we entered the cable car. Luckily, it was only the 9 of us inside. 

"I expected it to be lower." Taehyung whispered to me, as I smiled at the view. It was nighttime, which made it look even more beautiful, as the lights were blinking and shining from where we were. 

His hand was sweating. He really didn't like heights, didn't he? 

"You'll be fine." I reassured. 

"It's so pretty." Jaehee breathed out, pulling out her phone, or was it my phone? Either way, she started taking photos. "You know.." 

She sighed and turned to us. "I wish we could always be like this.. everyone.." 

Everyone turned to her, their eyes wide. Did she really.. say that? 

"What are you talking about?" Namjoon scoffed. "We have a lot of years ahead of us. I can imagine us hanging out 10 years in the future." 

Yoongi shrugged. "Yeah." 

"Gah, Jaehee, don't feel like that." I sighed, before smiling. "We'll always be together." 

"Scary." Hobi frowned, looking out the cable car. "The rain's starting to pour down harder." 

Thunder rumbled, startling me. Ah yeah.. I almost forgot about my fear with thunder. Taehyung turned to me. "Woah.. are you okay?" 

"Yeah. I'm okay. Of course I'm okay!" I reassured, hoping they wouldn't notice. I hated admitting I had a fear for thunder. Sure, everyone had phobias, but I just couldn't think straight whenever I was nervous or scared. 

"If there's one thing I first noticed about you," Yoongi started. "It's that you're a bad liar." 

I laughed awkwardly and put my hands in front of me. Jungkook gave me a knowing look, and I tried my best to ignore him. "It's nothing, I swear... just trust me!" 

Thumber grumbled again, but this time, I was startled out of pure fear. I put my head in my hands and just hoped that the weather would be good again. 

"Ah, now I know." Namjoon nodded. 

"Look, it's not a major.." I stopped, covering my ears when thunder roared. "Fear.. okay?" 

"Uhuh. I can see that." Seokjin noted. 

"Yuna!" Jimin sang. "Don't be afraid, I'm here! We're here! Gah, you're so adorable.. you should always be careful, okay?" 

I laughed and nodded, the cable car stopping, signalling the end of the ride. "Ah! I wanted it to be longer, but that was fun!" Jungkook grinned, hopping out of the cable car. I held Taehyung's hand as we exited, since he was still not calming down.