Chapter Twelve

_______

Days passed after the festival. Turns out, everything was going so well. I exited the room with Jaehee by my side, who was hurrying already.

"Oh god, Suyung.." she cursed under her breath and pulled out a book from her bag. "I'm late for practice. You have no work today, right? Drop over so we can hangout! Anyways, can you pretty please bring this back to the library?"

I playfully rolled my eyes and grabbed the book from her hands. "Hmm. You're just excited to see Jungkook dance." She laughed and gave me a two-finger salute, before jogging off.

Highschool was easier than I expected it to be. I had good grades. And everything was going well - except for the fact that I know PY was still around the corner. Namjoon was still investigating on him. Even he was having a hard time.

I made my way to the library and returned the book Jaehee instructed me to. I was about to go out, when a certain person caught my eye. I turned my head and smiled, making my way over to Namjoon who was reading a book.

"Hey!" I tapped his shoulder and sat beside him. He gave me a small smile and continued reading. "What are you reading? Did you discover something about.. you know who?"

He sighed and closed his book, turning to me. "It was harder than I thought. But I'm having my own suspects here. I can't tell you. But when I'm sure.." he stopped. "I'll be sure to inform you. Have you been getting any new text messages recently?"

I mentally face palmed myself for being so forgetful. I should've told him about the 'one-month' deal me and PY had weeks ago! God, I feel so stupid.

"I forgot to tell you.." I said cheekily, handing him my phone for him to check. "He told me he was going to tell me something exactly a month from that message."

"I can see that." he cocked an eyebrow. "Today's August 31st. Don't be alone on September 30. You have to be with someone."

"Got it." I said, as he handed me back my phone. I pocketed it and smiled widely when I realised something. "Say.. Jungkook's birthday is tomorrow!"

He perked up, then toned down after realising I was there. "Oh.. yeah, whatever. What about it?"

I rolled my eyes. "They're going to go swimming.. why won't you come with them?"

He hummed. "Them? You aren't going to your own bestfriend's birthday?"

I shrugged. "I don't know how to swim."

He pursed his lips and leaned on his chair. "Nah." he replied, then turned to me. "I won't go if you don't. Stop being such a killjoy. Weren't you the one that gave me that message?"

My mouth went agape at his comment, and I narrowed my eyes. "Hey! That is way different from your plain killjoy persona! I'm afraid of the water you know."

"It won't be as bad as you think it will." he promised. "Come on, the day'll be more special if you come along."

I sighed, giving in. "Fine." I bit my gums, still not comfortable with agreeing with him in the first place. "Say.. do you want to come with me?"

"To where?" he asked, standing up and walking towards one of the shelves. I followed him.

"To the performance club. Everybody else is there." I placed a hand on my hip. "Jungkook, Jaehee, Hobi, Baekhyun." I listed. "I guess we're pretty different."

"Alright." he shrugged, pushing the book back into it's place neatly. He pocketed his hands and gestured me to follow him. "So.. anything going on with you and Baekhyun?"