Moving Day

"Y/N and Kailen look over here!" 

"First day of kindergarten! Smile girls."

"Mom! We're gonna be late!" Kailen said.

"Relax. We're going. Ok in the car. Let's go."

2013

"Mom!" Kailen yelled. "I'm gonna be late!"

"We're coming! In the car." She came downstairs. "My baby going off to college. Where has the time gone." 

"Who knows." Kailen laughed.

"Are you sure you don't want to go to a school here?"

"I'm positive." Kailen said. "Mom. It's time for me to take on the world." 

"Oh, there's the L/N's." She waved. 

"Y/N is going to USC." My mom smiled. She looked back. "Moving day!" 

"Where have the years gone." Y/N's mom laughed.

"Who knows." Kailen's mom smiled. "Where's Y/N?"

"She left yesterday." She looked at Kailen. "Kailen look at you. Such a beautiful young woman you've become."

She smiled. "Thank you, Mrs. L/N."

"I better get back inside. I still have another child." She walked back to her house. "Nice seeing you both. Congratulations and good luck Kailen."

"Thank you."

"Mom!" 

"Yes, Kailen?"

"Y/N isn't in my classes this year!" Kailen pouted. "I don't see her anymore."

"You'll still see her during lunch and in the morning. And when you come home. She lives across the street sweetheart, you'll still see her."

2016

Kailen's POV:

Just score this. And we'll be fine. I stepped up and kicked it.

Goal.

2-2.

Your POV:

"GOAL!" I jumped on my teammates. 

"The Canadian strikes again." My teammate patted my back. "You are on fire."

"The draft is coming up. Gotta show what I'm made of."

"Are all Canadians as cocky as you?"

I smiled. "Are all American's so easily hurt as you?" I jogged back to midfield. "Let's go!" 

After the game, I went back and go relaxed. "So what's the draft looking like?" 

"Boston has the first pick." I looked at my phone. "But trades can happen at any time so I'm not focused on that right now." 

"What are you focused on then?"

"Playing the best soccer I can, crushing this semester, and trying to survive on no food cause I am broke." I smiled.

My mom called. "Oh, what did you do?"

"Who knows." I answered. "Hello, mama bear. Yeah, I'll be home in a few weeks. Can you cook when I get home? I miss your cooking. Thanks, mom you're the best." 

Kailen's POV:

"Hey, mom." I answered while putting my gear away. "Uh yeah. Few weeks. Dinner? Sure I will be there. Love you too." I hung up.

"Nice work today." One of my teammates patted my shoulder as she walked by.

"You too." I smiled.

"High school." You smiled. "We made it."

"Promise me something." Kailen said. 

"Anything."

"Promise we'll always be friends?"

You smiled. "Best friends."