Memories

"Dude. Who did that." I pointed to Dom's eye.

"No one. I'm just stupid." He walked to the stairs.

"Hey. No! No, you're not stupid now tell me who did that."

"This kid at school. He's a year older than me." He looked down. "He's been pushing me around.

"And he punched you?" Kailen looked at his face. "Now I wanna kill this kid."

"What do you say Kailen? Want to threaten a 5th grader?"

Your POV:

We sat at a table and looked around. Kailen started laughing. "Remember when we were in 8th grade? And we cornered that guy who was bothering your brother?"

"How could I forget." I started laughing. "The kid shit his pants when I said we knew where he lived."

"We didn't even know his last name." She laughed harder. "We were evil."

"I still have my moments. You know my uncle?"

"Yeah."

"His son. When he was 8, and that you stop getting gifts for Christmas at age 10."

"And?"

"He's 10 now so we'll see what happens." I laughed.

"You are great with kids." She said. "Please don't reproduce."

"I'm great with kids." I said. 

"You want any?"

"When we were teenagers the thought of having kids scared me." I looked at her. "Now not so much."

"Why?"

"To experience a different childhood than the one I had." 

"I'm sorry your mom was so hard on you. If I knew she always compared us I would've done something."

"It wasn't your fault." I said. "She still does it now." I sighed. "Kailen's on the national team and you're not. Yeah mom, trust me I know."

"John's seen you play." She said. "And I heard him say that you'll probably be getting the call soon." She smiled.

"Oh yay. Then it will turn into Kailen has more caps than you. Kailen's scored more goals than you." I smirked. "Yes. I saw the Germany game."

"We do not speak of that." I laughed. "I had war flashbacks to high school."

"KAILEN WHAT THE HELL!" Teammates jogged over. 

She sat on the field. "Hey! Back up!" I ran over. "It was a mistake, we all make them. No one gave you a hard time when you missed the open goal!" I looked at our captain. "You try being a goalkeeper. This shit ain't easy, but Kailen is one of the best so back up." The walked away. I looked at Kailen. "Shake it off." I helped her up. "I got you." 

"Thank you for getting a hat trick that game." She said. "Really saved my ass." 

"I was always saving your ass." I laughed. "ALWAYS."

"Don't remind me."

"Even when I should've let you get in trouble, I still saved your ass."

"Why?" 

"There was a small part of me that hoped we work things out."