What If

Kailen's POV:

"I'll be right inside." Y/N said.

"Ok." I grabbed my bag and went into the house. 

"Look who we found!" Sam smiled.

"Kailen!" Rocky ran to me.

"Remember when Boston scored on you in our home opener." Amanda smiled. "That was a good day." 

"Remember the rest of the times we played you. We won." 

"I really dislike Canadians." She left the room.

"Uh so I talked to Y/N."

"And?" Nikki asked.

"We're going out tonight." 

"Aw cute."

"That's it?" Sam said. "You messed with her again and you make it ok by going out?"

"It's all part of a bigger plan." I looked out the window. "Ok so here's the plan." I told them the story about my parents again. "So at the end of the week, I'm gonna give her that ring. And make the same promise my dad made." 

"That's actually kind of adorable." Rocky smiled.

"If she refuses?" Sam asked.

"Then that's how she feels." I said. "I love her. Been in love with her for years. I'll never give up."

"Even if she wants you to?"

"If she really wants me gone, I'll go. But I'll never stop loving her." 

Your POV:

I took a deep breath. "What the hell." I mumbled.

"Y/N what happened?" 

"Kailen was with another girl." 

"What?"

"I saw her."

"Are you sure?"

"Jessie."

"I know. I believe you it's just hard to believe." She said. "What do you need me to do?"

"Why are you standing outside?"  

"Just thinking." 

"About what?"

"Everything."

"That was so helpful thank you for that information."

I rolled my eyes. "Why are you out here?"

"It's a Sky Blue reunion in there. My Boston Breakers self didn't fit in."

I laughed. "Well, this is an Orlando Pride players only thinking spot so find your own."

"I'm just here to offer some wisdom. If you need it."

"Kailen told you her plan didn't she?"

"Unfortunately."

I sighed. "I don't know. I love you and I wanna believe everything but after what we've been through? She's hurt me a lot over the years, maybe it's a sign."

"Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't."

"Help me. I don't know what to do Jessie."

"I can't tell you what to do! It's your life, you need to make your own decisions." I nodded. "But if you really love her why give up on that?"

"To avoid a relationship full of pain. We never worked out as friends."

"Maybe because you two were never meant to be JUST friends," Jessie said. "you were always meant to be more." 

"When did you grow up?" I laughed. 

"Same time you did. I gotta go. Let me know how it goes." 

I looked at Amanda. "I love her." I whispered.

"I know. You've said it every day since you landed in Perth." She laughed.

"What if she hurts me again?"

"What if she doesn't." Amanda said. "There's a lot of what ifs. What if she hurts me, what if I hurt her, what if I turn her down and never find a love like that again. What if I give her a chance and live happily ever after." She said. "Life is full of what ifs. It all comes down to which ones you choose to ignore."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what if she hurts you again? You don't know that she will, so is that a valid question to make you turn her down?" She went back inside.