Lucky

Your POV:

We were gonna watch the game either way, but with our bet, it was even more important.

Going into the 3rd period Canada was up 2-1.

"SHIT!" I covered my face.

"Why is our daughter rooting for the Americans?" My mom asked.

"She is part American." My dad smirked. "And these weirdos have a bet going."

"You bet on the Americans?" My mom asked. I nodded. "My money is on Kailen. Go Canada." 

"I'm not even surprised." I mumbled as Kailen squeezed my hand.

The game went on. "OH SHIT!" Kailen jumped up. "Is that allowed?" 

"It shouldn't be allowed that was a dirty hit." My dad looked at the TV. "Look I know we are Canadians and in Canada, but we don't approve of murder and that is what that was."

"It was Decker." Dom smirked. "Decker got decked." He laughed.

"DOMINIC!" My dad yelled. 

She got up and it looked like she was gonna be ok. Time started to tick away and I got a little concerned.

I was minutes away from having Kailen's name temporarily tattooed. 

"Now a two on one for Canada. Stacey with a shot and the save by Rooney. She had Nurse on her left. Long pass ahead to Monique Lamoureux! Moving in on Szabados! SHE SCORES!" The team celebrated and I stood up.

"I wanna thank not only God, but Monique Lamoureux." I looked at Kailen. 

"There's time left. Canada would come back." She leaned back on the couch. "I ain't worried."

They didn't come back and the game went to overtime.

"Ok, so I'm a little worried." Kailen said now sitting up on the couch.

Overtime was exciting but no one scored. So we went to a shootout.

"I hate shootouts." Kailen covered her face. 

"As long as the USA doesn't do what the soccer team did in the Olympics I'm good." I said. "Christen Press can't play hockey right." I looked at my dad.

"The American in me wants to cry, the Canadian wants to laugh." He looked away.

The shootout started.

"Come on!" Kailen yelled. Spooner's shot was saved. 

"YES!" I stood up. Marvin went for the USA. "COME ON!" I clapped. 

I love Kailen, but I don't want her name tattooed on me, temporary or not. 

"Scores!" I sat down. "I'm good. We good." 

My dad laughed. 

Agosta scored for Canada.

Brandt missed. Then Poulin. Pfalzer too. 

"Let's go, Daoust!" Kailen clapped. She scored and Kailen high fived my mom. "OH CANADA!" 

Dominic stood there. "Because of that, I'm now rooting for the USA." He moved near me and our dad. 

I smirked. "3 against 2. That's gonna be the final score." I looked at Kailen. "In favor of the USA. Where you gonna put my name babe?"

Kessel went for the USA and thankfully scored it. "AMANDA KESSEL!!! THE BEST KESSEL!!" I stood up.

"Wow." Dominic clapped. "Forget Phil I wanna be Amanda Kessel. Phil Kessel who?" He smiled. 

Rooney stopped Jenner's shot, then it came down to Hilary Knight. 

Szabados saved her shot.

"SHIT!" Dom yelled.

"YES!" Kailen clapped.

It switched and Jocelyne Lamoureux went for the USA. "Wait didn't wasn't Lamoureux wearing 7?"

"Yes."

"She's wearing 17 now."

"Dom, have you ever heard of this thing called having a twin?" I looked at him.

"There are twins?" 

"Monique and Jocelyne Lamoureux." I looked at him. "They're literally on the same line how did you not notice?"

"At least he's good at hockey." I heard my dad mumble.

"We go round by round. Lamoureux. Two goals apiece in the shootout. Lamoureux, moving in on Szabados. She dekes and scores!" 

We all sat there. "Holy shit." My dad covered his mouth. "That was."

"Well shit, I can't do THAT." Dom sighed. "I quit hockey. I quit." He got up. "I'll never be like Monique or Jocelyne Lamoureux so I just quit. The men failed and the women are kicking ass. WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR ME! I DON'T WANNA BE CROSBY! I WANNA BE A LAMOUREUX!" 

"Dominic sit down and shut up." My mom said. He sat on the arm of the couch next to me.

"Oh she told you." I laughed. 

"At least I'm getting called into senior camps." He said. I pushed him off the couch. 

Agosta went for Canada.

"Must beat Rooney to keep Canada's hopes alive. She is stopped! United States wins gold in Pyeongchang!" 

My dad and I jumped up while Kailen slowly fell off the couch and onto the floor. I jumped into my dad's arms. 

"I don't get why you are so happy with Canada LOSING!" My mom asked.

"It's that small amount of American blood." My dad winked.

"It was their time. We've won it all the other times, it was their time." I smiled. "Now Kailen." She looked up from the floor. "Where you putting that tattoo babe?" 

"You're lucky I love you." She mumbled.

We all laughed.

"I am lucky aren't I?" 

Where should Kailen get that tattoo?