Explode

Kailen's POV:

"Y/N L/N signs with Perth Glory FC." I read. "She's going to Australia." 

"She is." My mom smiled. "Good for her." She walked away. 

Your POV:

"I've never been to Australia." I looked at my dad. 

"With your talent, you'll see the whole world." He smiled. "My daughter. Playing in Australia!" He got excited. "I'm so proud."

"How come Kailen didn't get an offer?" My mom asked.

I sighed. "Thanks for being happy for me mom." I rolled my eyes and zipped my bags. 

There was a knock on the door. "I got it." I walked downstairs to the front door. "Hi." I smiled.

Kailen stood there "Can we talk?" She said with her hands in her pockets.

"Yeah. I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!" I yelled and shut the door. 

We walked down our street in silence. 

"So. Australia huh?" She said kicking a rock.

"Yeah. I'm excited. A little nervous though." I nodded. "Are you ok Kailen?"

"My best friend and love of my life is going to Australia for the next few months. No, I'm not ok. I just got you back, Y/N."

"You're not losing me for good, Kailen." I said. "I left Sky Blue and went to Orlando. Did I leave you for good? No. This is a loan, I'll be back."

"Yeah back to Orlando." She looked down. "What we have going right now? This is the happiest I've been. Now you're getting pulled somewhere else."

"What do you want me to do Kailen? Not take this amazing opportunity?"

"I want you to take. I'm not saying that. I just wish I could be going, or the opportunity was closer to where I am. We have this whole offseason and we won't even be together." 

I nodded.

"Who knows. You'll probably meet some hot Australian chick while you're there and forget all about me."

"That's true. I'll probably meet A LOT of hot Australian chicks, have you seen Australian girls? But not even the hottest Australian girl could make me forget about you, Kailen Sheridan. My heart wants this beautiful Canadian goalkeeper. Not an Australian. So don't worry about that. I could meet all the girls in the world, and still only want you." 

"You're cute." She smiled.

"Really? I let my heart explode all over you and all I get is you're cute?" I rolled my eyes. "Damn Sheridan. Step your game up." I turned around.

She grabbed my hand. "You didn't let me finish." She smiled. "You're cute." She put her hands on my face. "And you're gonna kick ass in Australia." 

"You gonna kiss me or just stare at me?" I smirked.

"You wait till the second date. I wait till the third." She smirked and kissed my forehead.