A Signature

Your POV:

After the World Cup ended for us I went back to Utah. I knew I wasn't gonna come back here. 

At least not anytime soon. I got to Rio Tinto and saw all my teammates. 

"Good luck kid." Amy laughed. "Gonna miss you."

"Same here Amy." I smiled. "Keep doing what you're doing. It's been fun watching you."

"You too. I'll be sure to tune into a few games."

I said bye to everyone and stood at my locker. "End of an era." 

"Beginning of a new one." I turned to Laura. I smiled. "Thank you so much for bringing me here, coach. It's been such an honor to learn from you."

"Been an honor watching you grow." She patted my shoulder. "We all have a goodbye gift for you. We know you have your jersey, but we got you this." 

Gunny walked over with a ball. "We all signed it. So you remember your family."

"How could I forget." I laughed and looked at it. "Thank you guys. Really it's been great being your teammate and getting to know all of you off the field. I really hope we all stay in touch."

"Once a Royal always a Royal." Abby walked over. "Good luck." She hugged me.

They all said goodbye and I started to pack up my locker. "One last press conference," Laura asked. "To announce that you're leaving." 

"You got the statement?"

"All written."

We walked out there and looked at the reporters. "Ready?"

"Let's do it."

Kailen's POV:

I saw a tweet when I was scrolling.

LIVE NOW!

Coach Laura Harvey and Y/N L/N meet with press ahead of game against Sky Blue FC in New Jersey.

I opened the link and watched.

"I have a statement written by our general manager, Stephanie Lee," Laura said. "Welcome everyone. So today isn't just to talk about the next game. We have some news we'd like to share. First, we want to welcome Y/N back from the World Cup and congratulate her on the great tournament she had. Second, we know that this year for her has been huge. She's performed well for us, but most importantly she's preformed for her country." She read. "It was no surprise when we got word that she had been presented with many offerers from top clubs around the world. We also knew that her contract here was running out. With all that being said, all of us here would like to congratulate Y/N on her career here and wish her the best of luck moving forward. I'd now like to turn it over to Y/N."

Y/N cleared her throat and looked at everyone. "Thank you, coach. My time in the NWSL hasn't been easy. I was drafted by Sky Blue and quickly waived. Then I got picked up by Orlando and thought I finally found my permanent home. But I was traded here to Utah. I can honestly say I've never felt more at home than I have here. Everyone from the players to the staff has made me feel like family the minute I got off that plane. To all the staff memebers thank you for helping me adjust to life here in Utah. To the training staff, thanks for keeping me match fit every day. My coach, Laura Harvey, it's been an honor to be coached by the best. I've learned a lot from you and I will continue to use everything as I grow as a player. To my teammates, my family. I'll miss all of you, some more than others." Everyone laughed. "We've had our ups and downs, but we did it all as a team. And lastly, the fans." She took a breath. "You all welcomed me to your brand new club and embraced me as one of your own. You showed up every game and made sure we heard you. When out in the city, I was greeted with friendly faces everywhere I went. I can not say thank you enough for everything. My time here has been the best. Yeah, it was short, but I can honestly say I'm a Royal for life. I will continue to watch and support this team as I continue my career and who knows, maybe I'll be back one day."

Your POV:

I landed in Spain and looked around. It was amazing here. 

"For now, however, I have to do what I felt was best for me at this time. That's why I am going to Europe." 

I got settled into my new place. I had two roommates. 

Some teammates.

"More specifically Spain."

"Welcome." The head shook my hand. 

"Thank you." I sat at the table and looked at the camera.

"Just sign here and then we'll continue."

I signed the contract and smiled. 

"Here's the jersey. That camera there." 

I held the jersey and smiled. Pictures were taken.

I knew everything was about to change.

"I'm thankful for my time here in Utah. This chapter has closed and a new one is beginning in Spain."

"Welcome to the team." 

"Happy to be here." 

"With FC Barcelona."