Help

"Y/N. Can you tell me about Kailen?"

I looked at the therapist. "What about her?"

"You dad you've been different since your grandfather passed. He said you told him your grandfather's passing wasn't the only thing. It was your friend Kailen to. What happened with her?"

Your POV:

"Hello?" I answered my phone.

"Hello. This is Tom Sermanni from the Orlando Pride. Is this Y/N L/N?"

"Yes, it is. How are you?"

"I'm good. First I'm sorry to hear about Sky Blue. I saw you in college and thought you were amazing."

"Thank you." I said.

"Which is why we want to sign you."

"You want to do what now?" I sat up. My mom looked.

"We'd like you to come play for us in Orlando. We think you would be a great fit here. What do you think?"

"We grew up together. I was born June 25th, she was born a few weeks later on July 16th. We were best friends. Did everything together. There wasn't a minute where we weren't by each other's side."

"So what happened?"

I landed in Orlando. "Welcome to the Pride." Tom shook my hand.

"Thank you so much for this." I smiled. "Seriously."

"Let's get you settled in." He patted my back.

I walked into the stadium and to the locker room.

"You'll be wearing 15 for us this season. And playing as a forward. Once Alex comes back you might switch to more of a midfield role, but we'll deal with that when the time comes. For now, play the way you know. Creat chances, score goals, enjoy your first year."

I nodded. "Understood."

"She left me. If you ask her, she'll say it was me. It was both of us, we went to high school and you know how that goes. You meet new people, change as a person, we just grew apart."

"How did that make you feel?"

"I really didn't even notice, I had new friends and she did too." I looked up. "But then my grandfather got sick. I thought she would be there, her parents came over a lot, her sister too. She didn't."

Kailen's POV:

"Ready for Houston?" Sam asked.

"No." I put my gloves on. "I'm worried about Y/N. My mom said she took all her soccer related stuff down." I sighed.

"Well don't worry anymore." Leah walked over with her phone. "Looks like your dear friend is a member of the Pride." She smiled.

Sure enough, there was a picture of Y/N, wearing the Orlando Pride kit.

Welcome Y/N L/N to the Pride!

I smiled. "She's getting her shot. She deserves it."

Your POV:

"Welcome." Ali Krieger shook my hand.

"Thanks. I'm happy to be here."

"Ready to get to work?" She crossed her arms.

"I've been ready." I looked around. "Holy shit it's Marta."

"Yeah. You'll get used to it." Ali laughed. "Come on."

Practice started. I felt much better in purple.

"She wasn't there."

"Did she know?"

"Obviously." I scoffed. "Her whole family knew! Then when he died." I shook my head. "I stayed in my room."

"Why?"

"I didn't want to see anyone." I looked at him. "People came over a lot. Neighbors, close friends, a lot of people."

"Kailen's family?"

"They came too."

"Not Kailen?"

"She wasn't home. Her mom said when she got home, she'd send her over. My mom was worried about me, she thought Kailen could help."

"Did she?"

"I saw her when she got home. She texted me after that. Sorry about your grandfather." I scoffed. "That sucks. That's all she had to say."

"She never said anything when she saw you at school?"

"I started skipping." I looked down. "I didn't want to be around anyone, so I skipped school and hung out at the field. My parents were upset but my dad understood. Kind of."

"That's all for your session today." The therapist smiled. "Next time we'll talk about the drinking?"

"Sure. Whatever." I got up.

"Only Canadian." Steph Catley smiled. "No pressure."

"How'd that game against us go in Rio?" I smirked.

"Oh, that's cold." She walked away.

"And Y/N." I turned. "I think you should try to talk to Kailen. Maybe talking things through with her will not only help you but her as well."

I smiled. "No offense doctor, but if I'm not dying, Kailen doesn't care." I walked out.

So in this story, you take the place of Rachel Hill on the Orlando squad. And because she only played in 4 games, you'll sometimes replace Spencer in the lineup.

Got it?

Good.