The Netherlands

Your POV:

I finally got subbed into the game. We were tied 1-1 against the Netherlands. 

I needed to help get something going for the team. We needed another goal. 

"Y/N!" I looked at Ashley. She passed the ball to me and I took the shot. It was saved by van Veenendaal.

"Shit!" I looked up. "Come on!" I ran back to midfield. 

Kailen's POV:

The minutes ticked away in our last group stage match. I could see Y/N getting frustrated by the score.

And then Roord scored.

2-1 to the Netherlands.

Y/N put her hands on her hips and shook her head. 

The Dutch players celebrated while we watched in disappointment. 

Y/N looked around the field and started clapping and yelling at everyone. 

Your POV:

"It's one goal! That's it! We get it back there's time now let's go!" I yelled at everyone. "It's not over." I stood at midfield. "Not yet." 

"What's the plan?" Janine asked.

"Score a fucking goal." 

No one's POV:

"The Canadians trying to get one back and tie this up. L/N to Beckie. The shot is wide of the target. Time is beginning to run out for them."

"L/N on the ball now. She'll leave it for Fleming. The cross into the box! Saved again by van Veenendaal.

"You can see the frustration on L/N's face. She's had a big impact on the game since coming in, but van Veenendaal is hard to beat." 

Your POV:

The final whistle blew. The group stage was over for us.

2 wins.

1 loss.

I looked at the crowd and sighed. "Good game." Lieke walked by me. 

"Yeah, you too." I patted her shoulder. 

The team huddled together. "We played great but van Veenendaal played better. Keep your heads up we're through alright. We keep going to the next one." 

We broke apart and applauded our fans. I walked toward van Veenendaal. "Hey. You couldn't let me get like one goal?" I smirked.

"I could've but where's the fun in that." She laughed. "Good game. Best of luck going forward.

"You too." I laughed and watched her walk away. 

"Y/N." Kailen waved me over. I walked to her. 

"Yeah?" 

"Wanna swap jerseys?" I looked at van de Donk.

"Sure! Of course." I smiled. 

Kailen's POV:

I watched Y/N swap her jersey and smiled.

It's all gonna change for her. Can't think of anyone more deserving than, Y/N.

I'd be sad to see her leave but she needs a bigger challenge. 

"You good?" Y/N asked holding her new jersey.

"I'm great."

"I like this." She looked at the jersey. "Too bad we aren't playing Spain. I could get Hermoso's jersey."

"Maybe you can get it when you go to Spain." 

She stopped walking. "You're ok if that happens?"

"You deserve to play for the top clubs in the best leagues. The NWSL doesn't cut it for you anymore. You go kick ass wherever they want you, and I'll be on the sidelines cheering you on. Because Europe starts while our season ends."

She smiled. "Well, I haven't taken any deals yet. Who knows I could stay in Utah."