On The Bench

Your POV:

I've played every game so far. Haven't scored since that first game, but I'm getting minutes to show these coaches what I can do. And I'm getting rewarded with more minutes so something is working.

We won all 3 of our group games and advanced to the knockouts. If we win, we're going to the World Cup.

We'd be playing Panama. The USA was also through. They'd play Jamaica. 

"Game day let's GO!" Kailen skipped.

"Why is she skipping?" Jessie asked.

"If I knew I'd stop it." I responded.

"You both love me."

"Nope. That's all you, Y/N." Jessie walked away. 

Kailen stopped and stared at her. "Jessie!"

"Let it go, babe." I stood beside her. 

"Fine." She said sighing. 

We sat in the locker room. We knew who was starting. Kailen looked disappointed but happy to see Steph playing well.

Finally, it was game time.

Kailen's POV:

We walked back out for the second half. We were up 1-0. Nichelle got subbed on for Diana at the half. She talked to Y/N and away we went. 

No one's POV: 

"It's back with Canada. The ball with Prince. She passes to L/N!  L/N holds. She'll take the shot and score! 6-0 Canada in the 76th minute! Goal by Y/N L/N. Second goal of the tournament for her."

Canada attacked again. 

"78th minute. Goal for Adriana Leon! 7-0 Canada!"

Your POV:

I stood on the field and waited for the final whistle. It eventually came and I fell to my knees. I saw Kailen running towards me and I stood up. 

"WE'RE GOING TO FRANCE!" She picked me up. "You score again!"

"And Kailen sat on the bench!" Rebecca cheered. 

"Why do you hate me." Kailen started at her. 

"Just wanted to see what your reaction would be. Also Y/N!" She hugged me. 

Dom's POV:

"They are heading to France!" My dad ran around. "Y/N scored and they're heading to France!!" 

I looked at the TV and saw Kailen hugging Y/N. "She better be on that roster."

"She will be." I looked at my mom. "They'd be stupid to cut her."