Compete

Your POV:

France was incredible so far. I scored my first goal in my first game.

"Y/N!" I saw Spencer running towards me. "There is my brightest client."

"Hey, Spencer." I smiled. "What's up?" 

"Just got off the phone with Utah. This is the last year of your contract. But I have a call with Atletico Madrid in a couple of hours. They saw the qualifying games and the first one. They're keeping their eye on you."

"They watched the qualifiers?"

"They wanted to search for any young new talent. And they found you." His phone rang. "I have to take this. I will talk to you later, let you know how it went. You keep doing what you're doing." He answered the phone. "Spencer York. Yes hi. Yes, I have a second." He walked away.

I stood there and shook my head.

"Play the way you did in qualifying and you can pack your bags." 

Atletico? 

"See you later NWSL."

Kailen's POV:

We sat around and watched footage of New Zealand. "They're weak in these areas. We get enough pace the game is ours. L/N. You good to go?"

"Always."

"Good, you're starting. Here's the rest of our 11."

I looked at Y/N. She listened carefully to everything happening. The minute the meeting was over she turned to me. "Why are you staring at me?"

"You're just so breathtaking I can't help it."

"Aww." She patted my cheek. "What do you want?"

"Why do you think I want something?" She stared at me. "Ok so here's the thing." She laughed. "I saw you talking with Spencer earlier. Everything ok?" 

"Yeah just catching me up on some stuff." She smiled. 

"Contract stuff?"

"Pretty much and you know I'd love to tell you everything."

"But you can't. I get it. Different teams."

"Even if it were the same teams I still couldn't discuss it." 

Her phone lit up. "I have to go meet Spencer. I'll see you later?" She kissed my cheek and ran out.

"Yeah. Of course." I sighed and watched the door close.

"She a busy woman." I turned around to see Rebecca. 

"Dude."

"Oh, that was a private moment. My bad." She got up and left. 

Your POV:

"Atletico is very interested but that want to see more. Someone will be at the games against New Zealand and the Netherlands."

"Ok."

"We also got two more offers. Barcelona and Manchester City."

"Wow." I looked at him. "Why Barcelona?"

"They came in 2nd in the Champions League. They know they have what it takes to win it all but they're looking for more. More players to work well with Alexia Putellas. I heard they have a few signings in the works but nothing solid. You, however, are on the table for them. Right now they want to offer 1 year, but like Madrid, they want to see more."

"Did they see qualifying?"

"A lot of teams did. That's when they get to see the talent that might go to the World Cup. World Cup years are always huge. They can make or break your career. 2015 and Carli Lloyd. This could be your year, Y/N. You just have to show them that you deserve their attention. I know you have the talent, they've seen it. But show them again."

I nodded. "So Spain or England?" He nodded. "And Utah?"

"No extension offered yet. Amy's been playing well then once Christen gets back? It's gonna be tight."

"Ok but Barcelona have Lieke and Alexia. I can't compete with that."

"Y/N. You can compete with anyone if you set yourself up for it. Believing you can't, will result in failure."