Always

We're gonna have a little time jump towards the end of the season.

Your POV:

Utah has been amazing. The fans show us so much love every game, and the organization as a whole is incredible.

I can't say the same about Sky Blue. It's been rough for them this year, and Kailen is really struggling to cope. 

"We haven't won all season." Kailen sighed. 

"I would say you can't win them all but I don't think that'd help." 

Kailen glared at me. "Now is not the time to be cute."

"It's always the time but fine stay mad." She laughed. "Yay, it worked."

"How are you always so good at making me laugh?"

"Because I know that you hate being pissed off." I smiled. "It will all work out. Maybe not this year but soon."

"And we have the World Cup next year." 

"You mean YOU have the World Cup."

"You're gonna get called up for qualifying watch." 

*September 2018*

I was back home in Canada with Kailen. Utah just missed out on the playoffs. Sky Blue won their very last game of the season. 

Kailen was excitedly pissed off about that. 

We sat in my living room and watched TV. Kailen's phone rang. 

"Oh shit." She stood up. "Hello? Yeah hi, how are you? I'm alright thanks. Yeah, I know." She looked at me. "Sounds great. I'll see you then. Thank you. Bye." She hung up and looked at me. "World Cup qualifying." 

"He called you?"

"Hell yeah, he did!" I jumped up and hugged her.

"I'm so proud of you!"

"What's going on?" Our parents walked in.

"Kailen's going to qualifiers!" I smiled.

"What about you?"

"Don't hold your breath mom." I looked away.

"Remember." Kailen's mom said. "Where there's a Kailen, there's a Y/N."

Kailen squeezed my hand. "One step behind. Always end up together." 

We sat and waited. Then my phone rang. I looked at Kailen and she nodded. I got up and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hi. I'm looking for Y/N L/N?"

"This is Y/N L/N."

"Y/N hi how are you?"

"Good. And you?"

"I'm great. This is Kenneth. You've probably heard about the World Cup qualifiers coming up."

"Yes, I have."

"Well I'm getting the team in order and I would love to have you on the roster. How does that sound?"

"Really?"

"Yeah. You really impressed us this season. We feel you have a lot to offer. We'll see you in a few days."

"Of course. Thank you." I hung up and looked at everyone. "I got called in."

Kailen jumped up. "I told you!

"I'm gonna play for the national team!"

"One step behind. Always end up together." My dad said.

"Always." Kailen smiled.