Don't Do That

Your POV:

"Are you sure you have to leave?" I watched Kailen pack.

"Yeah." She nodded. "I don't want to leave either but camp will be soon and then preseason." 

"Yeah. Another camp I won't be called into."

"You never know."

"Look I feel like as long as John's the coach, I'm never getting called up." I said.

She stared at me. "I don't know how to respond to that. John would never not coach us. I mean that's crazy. Who's he gonna leave us for? The men!" 

We both laughed.

"Yeah right like he'd leave Olympic medalist, for the men who can't even make it to a World Cup!" Kailen tipped over laughing. "Oh man. I needed that laugh." She wiped a tear away. "But seriously. This is gonna be your year."

We went to the car and everyone started saying bye to Kailen.

"If she sheds a tear because of you, I'll break all of your fingers." Sam said.

"I want to be scared but like your accent." Kailen mumbled.

"I don't have an accent." Amanda pointed to her. "If she sheds a tear because of you, I'll break all your fingers."

"I want to be scared of you too, but like you play for the Breakers." Nikki stepped up. "Ok now her I'm scared of." Rocky smiled. "Not Rocky though she's adorable look at that smile!"

I laughed. "Have a safe flight." Nikki hugged her. 

She got in the car and we drove to the airport. 

"Not much time left until the season ends."

"Yeah but then you'll go to Orlando." Kailen smiled. "Universe just let me spend longer than a week with my girlfriend." 

"We had longer than a week."

"Fine. Universe let me spend longer than a week and a half with my girlfriend."

I laughed. "Girlfriend. I like that."

"Well, you are now." 

"I know. After 84 years, Y/N and Kailen are finally dating."

We got to the airport. I leaned against the car and watched her get her bags. "You know. It just occurred to me that we've passed 3 dates." She smirked. 

"It has." 

She put her hands on my face. "I'm gonna kiss you now."

"I'm gonna let you." 

She leaned closer. A car horn beeped. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." Kailen sighed.

I put my hand on her cheek. "Hey. You're not leaving here without a kiss, Sheridan." 

"Oh really?" She smiled. 

"Really." 

She leaned closer and put her arm around me. "Oh look at the time." She backed away. "I should get going." She picked up her bag and walked away.

Kailen's POV:

I walked into the airport to head home. 

"Kailen!" I turned around. Y/N jumped into my arms. "Don't do that anything." She said before kissing me.