You Were

Kailen's POV:

"Y/N?" She looked. "I'm really sorry for everything I did when we were teenagers. I was an asshole and if I could go back in time and change it I would." She nodded. "I know you said you want to move on and not live in the past but I can't help it."

"It's guilt." She said. 

"You're grandfather died and I wasn't there! He loved me just like he loved you and Dom and I wasn't there." I said. "You were going through so much shit and I just pushed you away. When you needed me the most that's how I treated you. You can tell me that it's ok, but it's not." 

She looked down. 

"I'm happy we're talking again, and hopefully maybe even friends. The people I ditched you for in high school? I talk to none of them anymore, what does that say about them? They were never my friends, but you were, and I just threw you aside for the fakest people in all of Canada." She laughed. "I'm thankful you met Carlos because you guys are STILL friends." 

"Graduation party later. You're coming right?" 

"My mom's having a bunch of family over, so probably not."

"Kailen, you're free now. Stop doing what your mommy says."

"I'm not doing what my mommy says. Family came from all over to celebrate my graduation from high school. I wanna be with them, not at some party."

"Whatever. You were never any fun anyway. This friendship was just so I could get close to some of the soccer girls." He walked away.

"We had our moments. The greatest thing about our friendship? He liked boys and I didn't. Never had a problem with dates." She laughed.

"When did you come out?"

"Senior year. Only to him. Then after my freshman year at USC, I came out to my family when I got home. I knew for a while though." She leaned back.

"But he is so hot don't you agree?" Carlos looked.

"No. I don't agree. His friend on the other hand." She looked at the girl.

"Oh my god. You lesbian!" He laughed. "She's cute. You should go get her number."

"Yeah ok. They're clearly on a date. Those damn heterosexuals." She crossed her arms.

Your POV:

"How about you?"

"During college." Kailen said. "Parents were cool."

"Who was the first girl you saw that made you go damn ok?" I asked.

"Honestly?" I nodded. "You were." 

OH SHIT! KAILEN