First Day

Your POV:

I arrived for my first day. I met some of the staff. "Y/N!" Sam yelled. "Nice to see you again my friend." She hugged me. "How was the flight?"

"Long." I laughed. "How are you? Everything good?"

"I'm back home. Everything is perfect." She smiled. "Come meet everyone." We walked to the team. "Everyone! This is our new teammate. Y/N L/N. You already know Nikki and Rocky." 

"Hey, guys." I waved. 

I started meeting more people. "There is a small pack of NWSL players." Rocky said. "Me, Nikki, Sam, you and"

"Me. Amanda Frisbie. Boston Breakers." She shook my hand.

"Nice to meet you. Breakers huh?" I smirked.

"Shut it Orlando. You guys choked in the playoffs." She crossed her arms.

"But we made it to the playoffs." I said. "You guys choked all the way from 1st place to 9th." I stared at her. "Jokes aside though, we're teammates now. I look forward to kicking ass together." 

She nodded. "No more shots at my team though."

"No promises." I mumbled. 

We got to work and I quickly felt at home.

Kailen's POV:

"Mom I'm heading out!" I yelled.

"Be careful!" 

"I will!" 

I hugged my dad. "We'll be watching."

"Me sit on the bench? Thanks for the support." I smiled.

"Stop it." He said. I left the house and looked across the street. 

"Heading off?" Dom crossed his arms. 

"Yeah. Where are you going?" I nodded to the car.

"Practice." He said. "It isn't an easy road to the NHL."

"Isn't an easy road to the NWSL but your sister made it. You two share genes you got this."

"Thanks for the support, Kailen. But I'm still pissed at you." He opened the door. "But she's happy again, so that's something." He got in the car. 

I met up with the team and camp began. 

Hopefully, Y/N's first game goes well.

Your POV:

"First game." Sam patted my back. "You nervous."

"No." I smiled. "Should I be?"

"No, it's gonna be fine." Nikki glared at Sam. 

"I'm just happy we have the chance to be teammates!" Sam smiled. "The chance that we lost when you got waived."

"And picked up by Orlando who went to the playoffs while you guys choked!" I smiled.

"Ok you know what f-"

"Sam!" Rocky grabbed her. "I need an Aussie. Come with me." She dragged her away.

Nikki laughed. "You will be fine. Don't listen to Sam."

"But she's the best in the world right now."

"Watch what she does on the field, don't copy anything she says or does off of it." Nikki walked away. 

I nodded. "Got it!" 

"It's nice to have American friends." Amanda walked over.

"I'm Canadian." 

"Really?" She sighed. "Nikki is basically Australian. Am I the only American?"

"Yeah. Fuck Trump by the way." I finished lacing up my cleats and headed to the field.