A Mess

Your POV:

We landed back home and stood in the airport. 

"I wanna go back." Kailen pouted.

"Me too. But we have work to do." I looked at my phone. "Oh shit." 

"What?"

"Breaking NWSL teams. Trade between Utah and Sky Blue doesn't go through. Kailen Sheridan to remain with Sky Blue. Ratcliffe stayed in Utah." I looked at the tweet. "This is a whole mess." I looked at Kailen. 

"See what happens when vacation ends?" She said grabbing her phone. "Hello? Yeah, this is Kailen." She walked away. "I heard." 

My phone rang. "Hello?" 

"So I'm guessing you saw the news."

"Yeah, can you please explain this situation to me?"

"The trade between us and Sky Blue didn't go through. Something with the paperwork. It's a mess but we are getting a pretty good keeper. Sky Blue set us the rights to Abby Smith to make up for the trade falling through. The issue with the papers looks like it's from their end." 

"Why couldn't they send us Kailen to make up for it?"

"Because Kailen wasn't picked up in the dispersal draft. You're gonna see Breakers players on the move from now till final rosters are released."

"So Kailen won't play for Utah this season?"

"Correct. Neither will Dri. Utah announced that Amy Rodriguez will be returning this season so Utah waived Leon's rights."

"Poor Dri."

"It's fine Sky Blue took her. To make up for the trade."

"Again. Poor Dri. So, in the end, we got a keeper from Sky Blue and they got a forward?"

"Pretty much it just wanted the intended trade."

"Welcome to the NWSL."

"Exactly. This season is gonna be awesome!" I could sense the sarcasm. "I gotta go. More calls to make. See you soon." 

I hung up and looked at Kailen. "This league is unreal. What type of issue did they have?"

"I know you're upset but you gotta go in and just play your game." 

"I'm gonna. But I'm still pissed." She sighed and saw my dads car. "I wanna go back on vacation." She mumbled.

"Hey, the Olympics started." I smirked. "Remember our bet about the women's hockey."

"Couldn't forget if I tried. Be ready to have my name temporarily tattooed on you while Canada gets their gold medals." She smirked as we got into the car.

"Whatever you say, Sheridan."

My dad laughed. "Good trip?"

"Great trip." I nodded. "And it's only gonna get better." I looked at Kailen in the backseat. "USA USA." 

I like Abby better in Utah plus this adds some drama.

I love drama.