One Week

I know some of y'all said Italy and I was gonna make it Italy but that just seemed unrealistic but I promise they will go to Italy at some point. I'll make a note to do that.

Kailen's POV:

"Hawaii." My mom smiled. 

"Yeah. I was thinking Italy but that was too much to plan in a short amount of time." I went back to packing.

She laughed. "The things we do for the people we love."

"Honestly we both need a break." I looked up. "No team, no trades, no folding, no stress."

"Well, you're both hard working adults." I smiled. "But next time you're taking your mother to Hawaii."

"Deal." I said.

Your POV:

"She's taking you to Hawaii." My dad smirked. "Can she take the rest of us too?"

"Maybe when mom stops treating me the way she does, we'll do a big family trip." 

He sighed. "She's still hard on you?"

"Did you honestly think anything would change?" I asked. "She's been like this since me and Kailen first got serious about soccer. It sucks cause I haven't been called up yet." 

"Did I ever tell you that your grandfather is American?" He smirked.

"No." I laughed. "Really?"

"Yep." He nodded. "Born in Wisconsin. Went to Canada with some friends, met a girl, got married and tada! Your old man." He laughed. 

"So I'm also American?"

"Well, you're as Canadian as you can get." I nodded. "But if you ever need to be American, yeah you are." 

"Why would I need to be American?"

"If Canadian soccer never opens their eyes, maybe US Soccer will."

"Jill Ellis could tape her eyes open and still not see anything." I said. "Plus have you seen the shit happening in America?" 

"I'm just saying it's an option." 

Kailen's POV:

We got to the airport and checked in. "Our much needed break for a few days." I smiled

"I found something out today."

"That's never good." 

"Relax." She laughed. "My dad told me that my grandfather's an American."

"No way." I looked at her.

"Yeah. Born in Wisconsin." 

"Holy shit you're American."

"No." She said. "Fuck that." I laughed. "Not happening." 

"That's crazy. You gonna play for the Americans?"

"No." She smiled. "And at this rate, I'll never play for the Canadians either."

"Wait so when the Olympics start who are you gonna root for with hockey? Canada or America?"

"My Canadian heart says Canada. But that small American part feels like the Americans are gonna win."

"I'll bet you on that." I smirked. "IF Canada wins, you have to get my name temporarily tattooed. IF America wins I'll get your name."

"You just want me to have your name tattooed." I laughed. "Deal." She said. 

"Ok. So when we get back from Hawaii, the Olympics start and the bet is on. Wait is it for men's or women's hockey?"

"Women's. The US men are gonna suck."

We boarded our flight and our vacation was underway.

1 week with the love of my life.

Can't wait.