Bottled Up

Your POV:

I landed back home and went straight to the house.

Still waiting for someone to sign me.

"Y/N? What are you doing home." My mom asked.

I dropped my bags and went to the fridge. "I got waived by Sky Blue." I grabbed a water. "No one else has picked me up yet, so thought I'd come home." I jumped up on the counter. "Hi Mrs. Sheridan, how are you?"

"I'm good Y/N." She smiled. "I'd ask how you were but I think I know the answer." I nodded. "I'm sorry, Sky Blue is missing out on an amazing player. I watched you play for USC, you are something special and I just know you're gonna give picked up."

"Thank you." I smiled. "Kailen's doing good. Of course." I looked down. "I'm pretty tired from the traveling, I'm gonna go to my room." I hopped down and grabbed my bags.

"Nice to see you Y/N."

"You too, Mrs. Sheridan." I went upstairs to my room.

Kailen's POV:

"How could they just for got rid of her like that? She did really good!"

"That's why." Rocky said. "Look at the roster we have. She's really good, so is everyone else."

"But she got waived." I scoffed. "It's not fair."

"She's a rookie." Leah said. "You put her and Kelley side by side? Who do you think is gonna get more game time? The rookie or the vet?"

I looked down. "She deserved a chance."

"She did." Leah nodded. "But it's better this way. She'll get her chance, and I'm sure she'll make this team sorry it wasn't us who gave her that chance." She patted my shoulder and got up.

I sat in my bedroom watching something on Netflix.

I heard people talking. "I'm tired of this! You need to get this together!" I got up and looked outside. There was a cop at Y/N's house.

With Y/N.

"It's not that serious."

"Not that serious? Y/N! You're 17! You want to go to college and be on your own? Be a little bit more responsible. This behavior needs to stop. Now. This never would've happened if you were still friends with Kailen."

"Yeah, I bet you wish she was your daughter and not me right." She pushed by everyone and went inside.

Your POV:

I sat in my bedroom and looked at the trophies. I got up and went down to the basement.

"What are you doing?" My mom asked.

"Cleaning." I went down. I grabbed a storage box and went back to my room. I took the trophies and medals down. Then I took the jerseys that were framed on my wall. I put everything in the box.

Everything I have from my time playing. I closed up the box and brought it back downstairs.

I put it in the basement and went to go back upstairs.

"Y/N. What are you doing?" My mom asked.

"I can't look at that stuff. It's all lies."

"No, it's not."

"The Canada jerseys? Trophies? Medals? All lies." I said.

"And why are the lies?"

"Cause I'm not good enough." I went back upstairs.

"You need to talk to someone, Y/N." My dad sighed. "Ever since grandpa. You can't keep everything bottled up, not anymore." He patted my knee. "I think it's time you started going to therapy." He got up.

"It's not just grandpa." I mumbled.

"What?" He looked at me.

"It's not just grandpa." I looked at him. "It's Kailen too."