Be The Best

Your POV:

We lost to the US, but we're heading to France.

I stayed on the bench this game. With Kailen.

After I walked around and signed autographs. "Excuse me?" A man approached me.

"Yeah?"

"You're Y/N L/N."

"Last time I checked." I turned to face him. "And you are?"

"Sorry. I'm Spencer York, I'm an agent. I've followed your career. You got talent."

"Thanks." I handed a fan back their sharpie. 

"So the reason I'm here."

"Yes please share." I walked towards the tunnel. He followed.

"As I said, you got talent and this tournament showcased that. Now you're heading to the World Cup."

"You're point?"

"You need someone to help with any potential offers. Who deals with that now?"

"Uh, I usually ask my dad." 

"You can keep asking him, and you can get my help too."

"What's the catch?"

"No catch. I just like helping young athletes as yourself stay on the right path for their career." He smiled. "Here is my card. Talk it over with your father and give me a call."

"Ok. Thanks." I took the card. He walked away. "Huh." I walked to the locker room.

Kailen's POV:

We headed back to Canada after the tournament. Y/N went to her house and I went to mine.

No, we're not fighting we just wanted to unpack and clean up after a travel day.

"I CALL THE SHOWER!" I walked upstairs.

"What do you call it?" My sister smirked.

I stared at her. "Shut up." 

"Rude." I laughed. "Where's your girlfriend?"

"Across the street."

"Wrong answer. The correct answer was kicking ass while you sit on the bench." 

"I have only been home for 10 minutes." 

Your POV:

"Let me call him."

"Dad be nice." I smiled. 

"I will. Eventually." He took the card and left. 

Dominic ran downstairs. "I'm late." He froze.

"Congrats who's the father?"

He laughed then stopped. "This isn't time for jokes Y/N! I'm late for practice. Coach is gonna kill me." 

"Why are you late?"

"I can't find my necklace. The one grandpa got me when I started playing. With the charm on it grandma got when I got drafted?"

"Yeah. Where'd you last have it. In my room. I ONLY take it off to shower and now it's gone."

"Did you check the floor?"

"Yes, I checked the floor." I stared at him. He ran back upstairs. I waited. "GOT IT!" He took off running and drove off. 

"The future of the Toronto Maple Leafs ladies and gentlemen."

"Be nice." My mom walked in.

"I'm being a sister. I still can't believe he's gonna play for the Leafs." 

"We hope he does. It's a big team to try to get into for a rookie. He's gotta prove himself."

"Why are you so hard on us?"

"Because I know you both can be the best."

"Ok but even our best isn't good enough. I scored for Canada, won championships in college, but I'm still not as good as Kailen. Dom got drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs and he's still not good enough for you?"

My dad walked back in. "What's going on here?"

"I get you want us to be the best, mom. But dad wants that too but he stops and tells us how proud he is all the time. I don't think you've ever said it once to me." 

I walked to the front door and went towards Kailen's. 

"Hey what's u-"

"Let's go for a drive." I said.

"Why?" She asked grabbing her keys anyway.

"Because if I stay here any longer I'm gonna punch something." I got in her car.

"Got it. Driving we go." 

Sorry, this took a while. I had 0 ideas for this and had a lot for Mal's story. I got a small idea for this so let's get to it!