Hold Back

Your POV:

After not dressing for the game in New Jersey against Sky Blue, I got a full 90 at home against Boston and away against Houston.

We won both those games.

Then we were hosting Houston, I played 71 minutes. We lost though.

"Back to Jersey." Alanna smiled.

"Hope I get game time." I smiled. "I need to play at least once against Sky Blue."

"You will." Ali leaned over. 

"I hope." I looked out the window.

"Last session before you leave for college. You nervous?"

"More excited than anything." I smiled. "I'm my own person there. No more Kailen."

"How's your mom feel?"

"She wishes we were going to the same college." I rolled my eyes. 

"How does that make you feel?"

"It pisses me off! Kailen left me! She's not part of my life anymore my mom needs to move on!"

"Have you?" I looked. "Moved on I mean?"

"Yeah." I crossed my arms. "I've been better without Kailen."

"Locking yourself in your room for days, and not talking to anyone is better? I'd hate to hear what it was like when you two were friends."

Kailen's POV:

"Here is Orlando's lineup. We need to keep our eyes on Marta. If we can stop her and Camila we can get another win. They have talent on this team, but so do we. Let's win this." 

"Y/N is on the bench." Kelley pointed out. "She's been pretty good for them so far." She smiled. "Hope she plays. I want to tackle her." She walked away.

"Wow. Kelley is aggressive." Sam left too.

"No to be rude or anything but you two aren't friends anymore? Remember? You told her you weren't her babysitter and to deal with her own problems? Remember that? I remember that. You really hurt my sister so please enjoy me slamming this door in your face." He shut it.

I banged on the door. "DOM! Open it!" 

He opened. "You really wanna try me?" He crossed his arms. "That is my sister you asshole. She protected me from bullies, always had my back, Ohana means family bitch!" He went to shut the door. 

"Can you just let me talk!"

"What? Share your side of the story? You really think I'd believe you over my sister?"

"No, because what she said was true. I was an ass. I regret it though and I was hoping I would see her before we both left, so I could apologize, make things right."

"She was broken Kailen. But what you did? You glued her back together and only to break her again." He shut the door.

I walked out onto the field and looked into the crowd. I saw Y/N's family.

Sitting with mine.

Then I looked to Orlando's bench and saw Y/N laughing with her teammates. 

"Focus Sheridan." Kelley said. "Don't let your emotions get in the way. If she gets the ball and runs towards you, you stop her ass. I don't care how close you two were. When I play against my close friends, it all goes away the minute that whistle blows." 

"Did you honestly think I was gonna hold back, O'Hara?" I smirked. "Let's kick some ass."

"Y/N? You ok?" 

"I can't breathe." She grabbed my hand. "Kailen."

"It's ok. Look at me, you're ok. It's just us."

"No." 

I grabbed her. "Y/N it's ok!"

"Get off me!" She pushed me away.

"It's just me!" 

"Get away!" 

Carlos ran over. "Y/N! It's ok. I got you." He wrapped his arms around her. "It's ok." He looked at me. "Just go Kailen. I got this." 

I stood up and walked away. 

We were winning. 2-1

"Substitution for Orlando Pride in the 67th minute. Entering the match 15 Y/N L/N. Leaving the match number 4 Jamia Fields."

I looked up and saw her run on the field. 

"Don't hold back!" Kelley yelled.

"I won't!" I fixed my gloves. 

I looked right at Y/N. She smirked and looked at Marta. They both nodded and play resumed. 

"Bring it on."