Talk

Your POV:

"Hey." I walked to Amanda.

"I don't wanna talk."

"That's fine." I sat next to her. "I just don't think you should be alone. I don't know what you're feeling, I'm not gonna try to understand it either. We started off on the wrong foot, but you had my back and I have yours."

"I finally felt like I had a solid place on a team." She said. "I started, I did good, this girl even said I was her favorite player. Now it's all gone. We're gonna be drafted, and some of us are just gonna warm the bench. I'm gonna warm the bench." She shook her head. "And those fans. Those poor amazing people. Stayed with us through the highs and lows. Sat through all that crazy Massachusetts weather." She laughed. "I felt home, you know?"

"Yeah. But you know, just cause the team is gone, doesn't mean Boston is too. It will always be home for you. I'm sure those fans will continue to stick by all of you, and if you ever land in Boston, they'll welcome you back with open arms. When I got drafted by Sky Blue, I was so excited. I met amazing people, I thought this is my home now. Then I got waived and Orlando picked me up. New Jersey is still home. I went back there wearing a different jersey and people still welcomed me back. The players, the staff, the fans. It's still home. Orlando is too now, even though I'm leaving. Home is more than where you live or felt most comfortable. It's about the relationships you form. Just like how a family is more than what you were born into." I laughed. "Kailen felt more like family than my actual family."

She wiped a tear. "I said I didn't wanna talk, Canada." She laughed.

"Whatever you say." I stood up. "You really considered Boston home? You're a Cowboys fan."

"Yeah, I know. After the Sky Blue game, this fan basically roasted me for being a Cowboys fan. She said in Boston it's Patriots or nothing."

"Maybe you'll get picked up by Houston?"

"And deal with Texans fans? I'd rather not."

"Well, wherever you go, I'll still have your back."

"What if I don't get picked up." She said. "What happens then?"

"You never give up. The fans in Boston never gave up on you, why give up on yourself?"

Side note... I was the person who gave Amanda shit for being a Cowboys fan..... I don't regret it. It was funny. She laughed.

I'm gonna miss that team.

I'm crying again.

Also, I caught feelings for an engaged, straight woman who happens to be my boss, so if you wanna help me MOVE THE FUCK ON please message me.