Pros and Cons

Your POV:

Leading up to the game against Sweden I had a lot on my mind.

The biggest thing was the actual game against Sweden. Win we stay alive and continue our fight for the World Cup.

Lose and well, back to Canada we go.

I wasn't looking forward to being done with this tournament because I don't know where I'm going next. Am I going back to Canada then to Utah? Or am I going to Utah, packing up, going to Canada and moving to Spain? 

Or am I staying in Canada all together? 

I have to decide tomorrow.

Because today is probably the biggest game of my career.

Kailen's POV:

Y/N's been quiet. Her dad said to just give her space while she figures everything out. Spencer's been reminding her to stop and breathe. She stresses herself out too much.

We need her focused.

"Hey, babe?" I watched her pace. "What are you doing?" 

"I don't know." She stopped and looked at me. "What am I doing?"

"Right now you're making me dizzy." She sighed. I got up and walked towards her. "Hey. Remember what Spencer said. Stop. Take a breath and just calm down." 

"This is like 8th grade all over again." She pouted.

"Yes but you're picking a new club team not a replacement captain cause you're moving to the high school squad." I laughed. "But just like that moment, you'll make the right choice!"

"The girl I picked got suspended for fighting so did I really?"

"Well, she was a GREAT player with a really shitty attitude."

"I wonder what she's doing now?"

"Probably playing for the US." She sighed. "But I don't know what to do."

"How about you tell me the offers and I can give you a little help?"

"Spencer said not too."

"Spencer won't know. Besides all he wants is your choice and I can shed a little light on that." 

She thought about it. "Fine. Atletico's final over is 2 years, spot on the squad, starting spot in the air because they have Jenni. But I heard she might be leaving which could open the door for me."

"Yeah it could. Ok, that's pretty good. Other offer?"

"Barcelona. 3 years. Most likely a starting spot. But you know. Lieke is there."

"And a lot of their players are hot I don't want you there."

"Atleti have hot players too."

"Good point. You're staying in Utah!"

"Babe!" I laughed. "This is why I never ask for your help."

"I'm just kidding! Look. On paper, Barcelona seems better. 3 years and they're gonna get you a starting spot. But Atleti had people come here and watch you. They're seriously interested. Besides 2 years, you'll be in the team and if Jenni DOES leave you slide right in!"

"So Atleti?"

"I'm just showing you the pros of both teams."

"And the cons?"

"Atleti is offering 2 years. You finish those 2 years and who knows. And let's say Jenni doesn't leave, you stay on the bench. You never get to show your strength and after the 2 years are up and leave. Barcelona has a lot of talent and I know they're gonna sign more. It's gonna be a huge competition for you playing there, which could be good for you. And again 3 years ends what happens if you never get to show them who you are?"

"I need to talk to Spencer." She left the room.

Your POV:

"Hey, Spencer."

"Hey what's up."

"I looked at the pros and cons of both teams. They're both really good already. How would I fit in?"

"They are really good already. But so are you. You'll fit in the way they need you too. Even the best teams can improve. Barcelona wants to get back to the Champions League final and win it. Atletico wants to top the league again. They're both going to have players leaving and new players coming in. You will fit in perfectly with either team."

"Which one would you pick?"

"That's tough. Looking at a deal perspective I'd pick Atletico. As a young player like yourself, they're both good options but you've been tossed from team to team the middle you got drafted. You need a solid home for a few years. I believe that you know the right choice and I believe you will make the right choice." He patted my shoulder.

NEXT CHAPTER! Which did was picked??? 

I know the answer but y'all will wait till tomorrow!