About Time

Your POV:

I landed back home and saw my dad waiting. "DAD!" I ran to him.

"There she is!" He hugged me. "Back from Australia and on her way to Utah. Canadian striker, Y/N L/N!" He smiled. "I am so proud of you."

"Thanks." I laughed.

"Happy to be home?"

"I miss the weather." I said as we walked outside. 

"Tell me about it. How was the team? The league?"

I told him about the season. The highs, the lows, everything. 

"But now I'm focused on this NWSL season."

"As you should be. But take some time, relax. Please."

"Of course." I nodded. "I mean preseason's in a few weeks, national team, HOPEFULLY." I sighed. "How's work going?"

"Good. Got that big promotion."

"Really?" I nodded. "About time." We got to the house. "The Sheridan's out or something?"

"Or something." He smiled and got out of the car. He opened the front door and we went inside. 

"WELCOME HOME!" Everyone yelled. My family, some friends and of course, Kailen and her family were there.

"You're finally home." Kailen hugged me.

"I am." I hugged her. "We're gonna crush it in Utah." 

She smiled. "We are. Dri's pretty excited too." 

I greeted my family and friends. 

"I think we should tell them." Kailen walked over. 

"You sure?" I looked at her.

"Yeah. We're adults." 

I looked at all my friends and family. Plus the small amount of her family that was there. "Ready?" I asked.

"Let's do this." She grabbed my hand. 

"Hey!" I walked to the center of the room. "We have something to say." 

"Kailen's in love with you." Dom said. "Yes, sis. We know." 

"Actually." Kailen smiled.

"Yeah, she is in love with me." I smirked. "Can you blame her? Look at me." I looked at Kailen. She laughed. "We're dating." I said.

"ABOUT DAMN TIME!" My dad jumped up. "I've been waiting for you two to open your eyes since you both turned 15." He sighed. 

Everyone started agreeing. Dom stood up. "Hurt her and I'll make sure you never play football again." He stared at her. 

"Got it." She said. 

"I'm not gonna say that." Marina said. "I have a HEART!" She looked at Dom and walked away. 

Everyone got back to the party. "Well, that went better than I thought." Kailen smiled.

"You didn't do a good job hiding it. Your mom told me that you had the Webster's date planned for years. I'm surprised you didn't get "I'm in love with Y/N" tattooed on your forehead."

"I was gonna but I thought it'd hurt." She smirked. She walked away and my mom walked up. 

"You didn't tell me you and Kailen finally started dating." She smiled.

"It happened while we were in Australia. When she came to visit."

"She treating you well?"

"She's the best."

"Are you happy?"

"More than I imagined." I smiled.

"Good. Just don't let it distract her."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that she's on track to be Canada's number 1. Don't let her throw it away."

"So nice to know you care about my career too mom." I sighed and walked outside.