Knew Me

"Ow!" You fell down. "My ankle!"

"Y/N!" I ran over. "What happened?"

"My ankle hurts." She covered her face.

"It's gonna be ok." I held her hand.

Kailen's POV:

"Welcome to you first preseason game." Leah smiled. "Ready?" 

"I'm always ready." I laughed and looked at Y/N. 

"Sheridan!" I looked up. "You get the first half, Casey you get the second." We both nodded. "Here's the rest."

Y/N sat on the bench the first half. "Good luck." She patted Kelley on the back. 

"Hey. You got this." Leah looked at me. "Focus."

"Well, it's definitely a sprain."  The doctor said.

"A bad one?" Her mom asked. 

"It's not really bad, but it's worse than we thought. Y/N you have what we call a grade 2 ankle sprain. You're gonna be out for some time."

"But she'll play again right?" I grabbed her hand. "If you can't play anymore we'll find something else to do!"

"She'll play again." The doctor laughed. "But for now, rest. Keep the weight off, ice, all that stuff and you will be back on the field in no time." He smiled.

"Good." She nodded. "We need to play. We're gonna go pro together."

Your POV:

I sat on the bench and watched the first half. We were good. 

Then St. John's scored. Kailen threw the ball back to midfield. "It's ok!" Coach yelled. "Come on ladies!" 

She looked at the bench. 

"What if they score." Kailen looked down. "You won't be there to help me."

"Look in the crowd. I'll be there. Just look for me." I smiled. 

She looked right at me.

"And just take a deep breath, focus, and get back in the game." 

She took a deep breath and nodded. I smiled at her. "You got this Kailen."

Kailen's POV:

When halftime came around, we were up 3-1. I sat on the bench and watched Y/N.

"She's fast." Kelley said. 

"She always has been." I smiled.

We had more chances, but nothing was finished. The game ended 3-1. 

First preseason game, first win.

"Not bad ladies." Coach smiled. "Few things to work on but we are looking good. Keep it up." 

As I was leaving I saw Y/N. "Hey!" I jogged over. 

"Hi." She smiled. "What's up?"

"Thanks for what you did."

"And what did I do?"

"Deep breath, focus, get back in the game." I said. "I looked for you and you were there." 

"Of course I was." She said. "No matter what happened between us, or happen in the future, I'm always gonna have your back." She smiled. "You are my keeper after all."

I nodded. "I am. Good work today." 

"Wasn't my best." She said.

"Really cause it was pretty good." I said. "You are more than capable of making this team." 

"Easy for you to say. You're gonna be their starting keeper." She put her hands in her pockets. "And who knows where I'll end up."

"I know things haven't been the same with us for a while and we kind of disappeared from each other's lives, but you're gonna make this." 

She looked at me. "And tell me how you know that, Kailen Sheridan."

"Cause I know you."

She looked at looked towards Kelley. "You knew me Kailen." She looked back at me. "Things have changed. I've changed." She walked away.

"Kailen." My mom walked over to me. "Your father and I are going out tonight, with the L/N's. You are in charge of your sister, please don't make a mess of the house." 

They left and someone knocked on the door. 

"Hey Y/N. What's up?"

"I had plans before my parents decided to leave." She sighed. "Can you watch Dom? I won't be gone long." She reached into her pocket. "My mom left money for food." 

Dom walked into the house. 

"Um sure ok? Where are you going?"

"Nowhere special." She smiled. "Thanks K. I owe you!" She ran off.

I looked at my sister and Dom. "So. Pizza?"