Talk For Once

Your POV:

The season went on. We're in September and getting ready to host the Breakers.

What happened with Kailen?

I still have no idea. 

We were all ready for the game, I was ready to get some more goals.

Kailen's POV:

We sat at home and watched the Orlando game. 

"GO!" Leah jumped up. "GOAL!" 

"Y/N L/N. Back in the starting lineup, gets her second goal of the year. 1-0 Orlando." 

The game went on, still 1-0. 

"Morgan crossing. It's L/N! She has 2!" 

I smiled. "There she is. See I told you guys. Once she starts, she can't stop." 

"We believed you." Rocky laughed.

Halftime rolled around and it was still 2-0 Orlando. Then after halftime, Boston got one back.

But then Marta scored.

"Your girl is on a hattrick!" Leah clapped.

"She's not my girl."

"Who was the first girl you saw that made you go damn ok?" She asked.

"Honestly?" She nodded. "You were."

"What?" She laughed. "What are you saying?"

"That I've had a crush on you since we were kids." I smiled. "Probably 8th grade. You laughed and I saw you smile and everything changed. You weren't just my best friend anymore."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to! But it's hard. Telling your best friend since you were babies that you have a crush on them? Everything is at risk when that happens."

"What'd you do?"

"Hid it. The best way I could. Started keeping my distance, pushing you away."

"That explains freshman year." She leaned back. "The sudden change." She shook her head. "Did hurting me help you?"

"No. It made my feelings stronger."

The game started to wrap up. Y/N was still in the game.

Then she scored again.

"It's a first career hattrick for Y/N L/N! Orlando leads 4-1! The rookie gets her 4th of the season!" 

Leah danced around.

"Careful you might hurt yourself." Rocky said.

"I'm not gonna- OW!" Leah fell.

"That's so Rocky." I smiled.

"If hurting me like that made your feelings stronger, why did you keep hurting me?" She stared at me. "Kailen I was in therapy."

"Not because of me."

"You were a big part of it." She said. "I was really messed up." She shook her head. "All so you could hide your feelings. Kailen I loved you. We grew up together nothing could've changed that."

"Even knowing I had a huge crush on you?"

"Especially that! You could've told me! You could've even said you had a crush on someone. You kept stuff from me." 

"I didn't want you to be disgusted that I was gay!"

"Is that really what you thought of me? You had to have known Carlos was gay! He wasn't exactly quiet about it." She laughed. "I would've thought that the people who bullied you for being gay were disgusting. Love is love Kailen."

"You're right. I'm sorry. I should've told you, but I'm telling you now!"

"Yeah but we're 22 now!" She got up.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to think about all this Kailen." She started leaving.

Your POV:

"Here is your game ball." Alex gave it to me. 

"Really?" I held it. "Thanks." I smiled. "Holy shit Marta signed it."

"She's still not used to it." Ali laughed. 

"We are teammates, my friend." Marta patted my shoulder.

"Holy shit Marta just called me her friend." I stared at her. Everyone laughed. "Relax I'm kidding. Thank you guys really. Glad we got the win tonight." 

I leave the stadium and headed home. 

"Kailen told me she's had a crush on me since 8th grade." 

"I fucking knew it!" Carlos said. "Girl seriously. She was not good at hiding it. She stared at you with those puppy eyes every day in the hallway."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Cause I knew she wasn't out yet! What type of gay do you think I am? I'm not gonna out the poor girl you idiot!" He laughed. "What'd you say?"

I told him everything. "Then I left."

"You left? You dumb lesbian!" He sighed. "You have to talk to her!" 

"She has a game Sunday. And I play tomorrow. I can't talk to her." 

"Yeah but then you guys play on Thursday. Go to New Jersey and surprise her! Talk things over. I know you like her too, Y/N. Remember? You told me." 

I nodded. "Yeah, I know. It's just weird cause we were super close, then we stopped talking, now we're talking again and she tells me that? This is escalating too quickly."

"Then take your foot off the gas a little, don't slam on the breaks." He said. "Go to New Jersey, talk to her. This is where everything went wrong the first time. You two idiots bottled everything up. TALK to each other for once."

When I got home, I scrolled through Twitter in my room.

Kailen_Sheridan: When your best friend scores her first hattrick

I smiled and liked it. 

In the game against Boston, Rachel Hill (who you're taking the place of) scored twice. Ubogagu scored once. There was a goal by Marta too.