Perfect Date

"You two are getting older. Someday you'll both have boyfriends."

"Boys have cooties." I smiled. 

"We don't need boyfriends." Y/N crossed her arms. "We don't need anyone." 

"Yep!" 

Kailen's POV:

"You just kissed me."

"Wow, you should be a detective." She laughed. 

"Why did you kiss me?"

"You wouldn't shut up."

"So you kissed me?" She nodded. "Do you kiss everyone you want to shut up?"

"Only the really cute ones who don't understand when I'm trying to tell them that I don't want to be friends because I want to be more." She said. "Damn Clemson education."

"Hey. Leave Clemson alone." I smiled. "Wait you want to be more than friends?"

"Oh my god?" She put her head down. "Why are you struggling with this." She looked up. "I like you Kailen."

"Ok."

"Ok?" She laughed. "Such a romantic." 

"Leave me alone ok! I'm trying to process this! The girl I've had a crush on forever just kissed me and said she likes me."

She sat back. 

I sat there and thought about everything.

She likes me. Y/N likes me. And she kissed me! Is this a dream? Or worse is this a prank? Is Sam in on this? Those assholes.

"What are you thinking about?" Y/N sat next to me.

"Nothing." I said avoiding eye contact. She looks amazing today.

"You're a terrible liar. That is your thinking face." She pointed. "And I can tell you're thinking hard about whatever it is." She sat back in her chair.

"Hi Y/N." A boy waved.

"Hey." She said keeping her eyes on me. "Just tell me. I'm your best friend." She smiled.

"It's nothing."

"It's a crush!" She jumped up. "Kailen Sheridan you have a crush on someone! Just tell them."

"It's not that easy."

"Of course it is! Just look your crush in the eyes and say," She leaned forward and looked at me. "I have a crush on you." 

I took a deep breath.

"Don't hurt yourself Kailen." She laughed. "You've been thinking for a long time now."

"When do you go back to Orlando?" I asked. 

"Wednesday." 

"Ok. So tomorrow. Lunch." 

"Like a date?" She smirked.

"Yeah. Tomorrow."

She stood up. "It's a date. I'm staying at the frat house."  

"I will pick you up then."

"You better." She smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow Kailen." 

"Nothing fancy!" I yelled after her.

"Good! I hate fancy!" 

"I know you do!" 

She kept walking. 

"He rented a tuxedo for your first date? That is TOO much." Y/N laughed. "I'm not about that fancy shit. Burgers, fries, ice cream, that is a perfect date for me." 

"Yeah. Save the fancy shit for later on." I nodded.

"See? Kailen gets it. First few dates, casual, get to know them. THEN bring out the fancy shit." 

I nodded. 

"Ah shit. My brother needs me." She looked across the park. "Those jerks are messing with him again. I'll see you guys later." She walked to him.

I smiled.

Burgers, fries, and ice cream.

The perfect date for her.

So I got my work schedule for the next 2 weeks. It's all over the place so I don't know if I'll update date a lot from now on. I'm trying to balance working with this class I'm taking so it's gonna get out of control. I'm already stressed but I'll try to make it work. 

Update soon I hope.