Hurts

Your POV:

My first professional season is over. We finished in 3rd, playoff spot.

Sky Blue missed out, Kailen was upset. 

Finished the year with 4 goals. 

We'd be playing Portland in the semifinals. Winner goes to the final.

In our home.

Orlando.

"Season is over. What happens this offseason?" Alanna asked.

"Well, hopefully, I'm on that roster for those games against the USA." 

"And if that doesn't happen?" Steph asked.

"I'll be very upset." I looked at her. "I've dreamed of kicking American ass since I was 6."

"I don't doubt that," Ali said walking by. "It was only practice, no need to kick that hard."

"Love you Kriegs." I smiled. Everyone laughed. "But I haven't been called up to the senior team yet."

"Good things are gonna happen." Alanna smiled. "I feel it." 

Kailen's POV:

"Let me guess. You are rooting for Orlando." Rocky smirked.

"Duh."

"Sinclair plays for Portland though. You really want to piss off your captain?" 

"Her girlfriend plays for Orlando though." Leah said with a mouthful of food.

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Yet." Leah laughed.

The game started and we all watched. "So what are you gonna do if you get called up and she doesn't?" Rocky asked.

"I will cry all camp." 

Your POV:

I sat on the pitch. Portland celebrated around the field. 

I rested my arms on my knees and looked at my teammates. "We let Camila down." Alanna mumbled.

Ashlyn walked around everyone. She patted my head and kept walking. "This sucks." I looked around the stadium. 

"Welcome to the NWSL, kid." Ashlyn sighed.

We got up and walked off the field to the locker room. Once we got packed up we left.

"It hurts." Steph looked out the window. "Right here." She pointed to her heart.

"Shut up." Alanna pushed her. 

I put my headphones on and listen to my music. The thing that usually helps after a loss.

Kailen's POV:

"The Portland Thorns advance to the NWSL final and its the end of the road for the Pride." They showed all the players. 

"Man. If she doesn't get called in, she's be destroyed." Leah said. "John better get it together." 

I looked at my phone. 

He better call her in.