Done

Your POV:

The season was underway. We knocked out Juventus and got ready for the next round. 

First, there was an international break coming though.

"You're gonna see Kailen." Jenni said as we walked inside our training facility. 

"Probably." I held the door open for Leila and Mapi. 

"Thank you!" Leila smiled.

I laughed. "You're welcome. You have a lot of energy this morning."

"New friends make me happy." 

"Can I adopt her?" I asked Jenni.

They laughed. 

We walked inside and got food. 

"You have to talk to her." 

"Who?" Mapi asked.

"She speaks." She glared at me. "Kailen."

"Girlfriend." 

"Yeah?"

"Tattoos."

"Is she ok?"

"Lesbian." She smirked. 

"Ok, I'm moving closer to Lieke now." I slid my chair over. 

"No, go away." Lieke pushed me back.

"Rude. You beat me in the World Cup you jerk." She laughed. 

"You still don't know who that was." Jenni pointed out. "Could be nothing."

"If it was nothing the picture wouldn't have looked the way it did. If it was nothing she wouldn't have ignored my text immediately after the picture was posted."

"Did you question her?" Lieke asked.

"I said hey." 

"Dump her." Leila glared. "Adopt a kitten."

We all stared at her. 

"Why would I?"

"She's not THAT type of a cat person." Mapi slapped her.

"Oh my god." I covered my face. "I'm going to the field." I got up and left. 

Kailen's POV:

I left practice and stared at the message from Y/N.

"You gonna text her back or continue you stare at it, dumbass?" Domi asked.

"The dumbass was not needed."

"No, it was." Rocky agreed.

"I did not need your input." 

"Ok but here it is." Rocky crossed her arms.

"Respond or what?"

"I know she saw the picture! That's why she texted!"

"She said hey, Kailen." Amandine sighed.

"And?"

"And you are a dumbass." Domi rolled her eyes.

I opened Instagram. Y/N posted.

"Oh god. She's getting back at me look!" I showed them the post. Y/N was with some of her teammates.

"Oh yeah she showed you. Squad goals." Rocky read. "Are you kidding me?"

"She's with that neck tattoo girl! And that one there? She's too hot to be human!" 

"Alexia Putellas is too hot to be human?" Amandine asked.

"Kailen. She posted a picture with some of her teammates from practice. When did you become such a dumbass?" Domi asked as they walked away. 

"I'm not a dumbass!" 

"Whatever you say, dumbass!"

Your POV:

We had a break in practice. I looked at Kailen's contact.

"Call her." Mapi sat next to me. "Hiding from it won't help."

I nodded. "And if it's something I don't like?"

"You have us now." She smiled. "And Leila is set on adopting a kitten."

I laughed. "I'm gonna go make a call."

"We'll be here." 

I got up and walked to be alone. It rang and Kailen answered. 

"Hey, I was just gonna text you back."

"Cut the shit Kailen. What the fuck is going on?" 

"What are you talking about?"

"What am I talking about?" I laughed. "I'm talking about those pictures with that girl. The girl who keeps posting about YOU on her Instagram. I'm talking about not texting me back for 2 fucking months. Not answering my calls, not doing anything. What the fuck is going on, Kailen. No more bullshit. Tell me now."

She sighed. "I called to have a nice conversation with my girlfriend."

"Yeah you could've had that 2 months ago but you decided to ignore me."

"Wow. You know this is why you should've stayed in the NWSL. Being apart just ruins things doesn't it?"

"No. What ruins things in a relationship is when your girlfriend does some sketchy shit and then ignores you for 2 months. And when you FINALLY get in contact she tries to play the victim. You know what? Leaving the NWSL was the best thing I did for my career AND for my life. You have done nothing but try to control me and mold me into your perfect girlfriend and I can't deal with that anymore." 

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I'm done." I saw Jenni out of the corner of my eye. "I'm done being your project. You said you loved me since we were kids, then why did you try to change me. Try to push to me do things I didn't want to. Trying to make me sorry for leaving Utah. When I went to play in Australia, all of it. I'm done." I hung up and closed my eyes.

I heard footsteps and opened them.

"Are you ok?" Alexia whispered.

"No. Not at all."

Jenni hugged me. "It will be."

"What to go fight her?" Alexia asked. 

A phone was in my face full of pictures of kittens. 

Mapi's hand slowly lowered Leila's arm. "No." She whispered.

Jenni rubbed my back. "Ignore them."

Friendships with Alexia and Mapi will RISE!