Vacation

Sorry, this took a while. Work and school got crazy and I had ZERO motivation to do anything. I didn't even have the motivation to breathe every day.

Your POV:

I took a deep breath.

"There you are." Kailen's head popped out of my window. "Always find you out here."

"It's a nice view." I said looking straight ahead. A window in my bedroom had a nice view, and a spot on the roof to sit. 

"Mind if I join?"

"You'd join no matter what."

She climbed out and sat next to me. "You know me so well." She smiled. "What's going on? You either sit out here for one of two reasons. You need to think, or your mom pissed you off. So what did she do?"

I shook my head. "What if I need to think?"

"I saw your mom talk to you, then you disappeared. What'd she say."

"Nothing."

"Don't lie to me." She said. "I'll go talk to her."

"That's the last thing I need. She adores you, Kailen." I scoffed. "She's worried I'll distract you."

"What?"

"Our relationship, she doesn't want it to distract you. You're on track to be Canada's number one. I can't let you throw it away." 

"I'm on track to be Canada's number one BECAUSE of you. You always pushed me to be the best since we were kids. Our relationship won't distract me, it'll motivate me." She smiled. "I know your mom's always given you a tough time, but you are one of the best strikers I've ever seen. An even better person, your mom is blind. BUT your father, on the other hand, his sight is amazing and he knows how great you are. My parents see it too. Your brother." I looked down. "I see it."

"This is exactly why I'm dating you. So you can tell me how great I am." She laughed. I put my head on her shoulder. "Why can't she just stop?"

"I don't know." She kissed the top of my head. "But everything she says is wrong."

"She says you're the best keeper she's ever seen."

"Ok so maybe not EVERYTHING." I laughed. "I know she's hard on you, which results in you being hard on yourself. You need a vacation." 

"I do?"

"You do." 

"What about camp?"

"We'll worry about that after. So," She grabbed my hand. "where do you wanna go?"

"Anywhere." 

Where y'all wanna go?