Something Else

Your POV:

I landed back home and was picked up by my dad. "We need to talk." He said.

We drove home in silence. When we got to the house Dom was sitting on the couch. 

"What's going on?"

"No idea. Dad was waiting for you."

"You kids know things have been difficult with your mother. I haven't seen her since that fight between you guys and her." 

Dom looked down. "What's going on, dad?" I asked.

"I got something in the mail today. Your mother filed for divorce."

"What?" Dom stood up. "She's not even gonna come back?"

"No." My dad sighed. "Look. Y/N I know you two don't have the best relationship."

"We don't. Screw her, dad whatever YOU need, I got you." 

"Me too." Dom crossed his arms. "This is our family. You've always been there for us, no questions asked. We never needed her. She might've brought us into this world, but you got us to where we are." 

My dad smiled. "I love you both."

"Love you too." We both hugged him. 

Kailen's POV:

"Tough game." I patted Steph's head.

She nodded and walked away. We sat in the locker room. 

"It was a tough loss. We look at it, look at our mistakes, what we can continue to grow on and we do that. We have time to get it right before the Olympics. That's what we focus on. Continuing to improve. We are on the right track. Good camp ladies." 

We packed up after our time in Japan and heading back to our clubs. 

"Wonder how Y/N is." Jessie sighed. 

"Look at Instagram." Janine said.

I looked. 

Y/N put a picture of her with her dad and brother in their Barca jerseys. 

My biggest supporters.

My dad has pushed me every day since I realized I wanted to be a football player.

My brother, while he's annoyed me, as had my back more times than I can count. 

I'm thankful to have both of them in my life while I continue my journey in this beautiful game. While this trip home was met with some unexpected surprises, there's nothing better than seeing two of my favorite people. Love you both. Back to Spain I go!

I liked the post.

Unexpected surprises? 

What happened?

Your POV:

I landed back in Barcelona and was greeted with a very excited Leila and a very relaxed Mapi.

"Miss me?" I laughed when Leila tackled me.

"Yes." 

I shook my head. "It wasn't that long."

"Forever." She sighed. "Never again." She picked up my bag and walked away.

"And you?" I turned to Mapi.

"Hi." She walked away.

"Love you too!" I walked toward them.

I quickly settled back into life with FC Barcelona. Mapi was hurt and wouldn't play the next game. It wasn't serious but she was happy to finally have some rest.

No Jenni either. We still had a lot of players injured.

Coach held me back after our first practice back. "You play center back." 

"I play what now?"

"In the back. Left with Leila." 

"Uhh ok? Sure I guess."

"We work tomorrow." 

I nodded.

After that, we had a team dinner. It was nice to be together with everyone. Laughing and getting to know each other more. 

I sat with Alexia but I couldn't stop thinking about my mom. 

To disappear like that and then this. 

"You ok?" Alexia asked.

I nodded. "Just a lot on my mind." I smiled. "Thanks for asking."

"Always." She patted my back. I watched Leila goof around with everyone. This team is something else.

But I love it. 

I don't regret coming here at all.