Work It Out

Your POV:

I woke up and went downstairs. "Hey Rocky." 

She had a big smile on her face.

"What did you do?" 

"Nothing." She looked at her phone. 

I looked at Sam. "What'd she do?"

"The draft happened. And she's happy about a certain pick made by Sky Blue." Sam smirked.

"What happened with Sky Blue?" Amanda walked into the room.

"WELCOME TO SKY BLUE!" Rocky hugged her.

"Son of a bi-"

"Hey." Nikki pointed to her.

"Sky Blue isn't that bad!" Rocky said. "Abby got picked too."

"Poor Abby." Amanda sighed. "At least I'll have some familiar faces. Where's everyone else going?" 

"Uh. Dri is going to Utah, same with Brooke and Katie."

"Tiff?"

"Washington." I said. "With Rose." 

"Rosie? Julie? What about them."

"Rosie to Chicago Julie to the Courage, with Allysha." Amanda nodded. 

"So we're just split up. That's it." 

"What." Sam said. "Utah has you, Sydney, Adriana, and possible Amy. How's that gonna work?"

I looked at Rocky. "That's what I'm gonna try to figure out." I sighed. 

Kailen's POV:

"I mean Dri is really good. So is Y/N though." I said. 

"We don't know if Amy's coming back. Big rumor Sydney wants to go to Orlando. It might work out."

"And if it doesn't?" I looked at my mom. "I watched her sit on the bench at Sky Blue and you know what happened after that? She got waived. I can't watch that happen again."

"Y/N can take care of herself, Kailen. Everything will work out."

I took a deep breath.

Your POV:

"Last day!" Rocky said. I finished packing my stuff. "We all sad?" She asked. 

Amanda, Rocky and I were heading off first. Nikki and Sam would be saying an extra day.

"Little bit." I smiled. "I'm going back to Canada. I missed home." We went to the airport.

"I forgot you're Canadian." Amanda said.

"I really regret being friends with you." I said. 

"The feeling is mutual."

"Guys." Nikki smiled.

"Look out for Rosie for me." Amanda said. "She probably won't play much this season, but if she ends up in Chicago. Have her back for me." 

"You got it." Sam smiled. "You three have a safe flight." They hugged us. 

"Rocky. We'll miss you." Nikki said.

"I'll miss you guys too. Anyone have advice for Carli Lloyd?"

"Do everything she says." Sam said. "If she says jump, you say how high."

Nikki shook her head. "You'll be fine." She said. "We gotta go. Bye guys!" They left.

Amanda looked at me. "Brooke is a great person. Same with Katie and I'm sure you know how Dri is."

"Don't worry. They're in good hands." I smiled. "You're gonna kill it in Sky Blue." I said. "With Rocky."

"See you this season."

"I look forward to kicking your ass." I laughed. I hugged her and she walked to her gate. "Hey, Amanda!" She turned around. "Cowboys suck!"

"So do the Maple Leafs!" She yelled back. She turned and walked away.

"Well. I'm off too." Rocky said. "Why are you going to LA first?" She asked me.

"Gotta visit a friend." I smiled. "I'll see you around Rocky." I hugged her.

"Get home safe." She patted my back. She walked to her gate and I stood there myself.

I smiled. "Time for a new adventure."